Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CL 2nd Round, 2nd leg, Man Utd (0) vs (0) Sevilla (TV3)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Man Utd fan tv should be a good watch tonight :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Even more so than their fans, United have badly let down the coefficient here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

An absolutely shambolic and disgraceful performance. Mourinho has to take a huge amount of blame for this. Sevilla completely deserve to go through. We were happy with our nil all in Seville and took it for granted we would win tonight.

Our passing was abysmal from everyone on the pitch with Valencia and Bailey the only players that can hold their head up.

Sevilla were so much more comfortable on the ball, found their men easy and created space for chances and if Yedder was on in the two legs we would have lost by more.

A huge amount of questions now have to be asked to management and the players. We have been scraping results lately and finally got caught out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Paging MICK!,come on down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

irishman86 wrote: »
    I wont lie, im shocked how much Sevilla fans there is in Ireland :eek:
    Why dont you guys post in the La Liga thread, you missing out

We just hate united!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

TitianGerm wrote: »
    0-0 tatical 'masterclass' that was mentioned in the media was a joke. .

I don't recall the media declaring the 1st leg as a "masterclass"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Oat23 wrote: »
    Was Pogba carrying a knock ahead of the game or whats the craic with him? Crazy he's not on the pitch for 90 minutes in such a big game given how much he is costing. I've had mute on all game so perhaps he isn't 100% fit.

Did you not see him when he came on? He gave away the ball more times than he completed a pass. United were much more solid with Felani and Matic together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

David Moyes has taken Utd further in the Champion's League than Mourinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sevilla had the better players on the night and played the better stuff in midfield. Once they added quality up top in Ben Yedder they got their win. Thoroughly deserved victory for them. Hope they do well in the tournament.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Turtwig wrote: »
    sevilla been really poor at holding onto leads this season. United should keep that in mind and just go for it!

They could've done that from the start of the first leg. If it's 165 minutes in and you're then forced to do it, you'll slip up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

thanks jose for cheering up my week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

United fans must be seething after that. It's one thing to play well but go out to a better team, it's another to never show up at all, and be spineless, tactically horrendous and incredibly negative, and go out because of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Players are as much to blame as Mourinho tonight in my opinion

This is a match thread and non-United fans are perfectly entitled to comment on it.

Just like Utd fans would if Liverpool had lost a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Hey, you don't need to be a Sevilla fan to enjoy watching United lose :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Lukaku had a decent game but had nothing around him, not many others you could pick out as positives.

Sanchez once again anonymous, Pogba was atrocious when he came on.

Slow and ponderous for the most part, not what you expect on a European night at Old Trafford.

Both teams got what they deserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

That was glorious.

Think a lot of United fans took that as a gimme and were looking towards the quarter finals on Friday but as Mourinho said Sevilla are a decent team, even Liverpool couldn’t beat them.

Think United had a bit of a hangover from raising their game on Saturday, but they looked really bad tonight and could’ve been beaten by a lot more only for bad finishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Ironic how other supporters on here claim united fans are unbearable to lose to.... Something something stones and glass houses

Fair play to Sevilla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

I expect Mourinho to blame Sevilla for time wasting in his post match interview. When he's the one who wasted about 80% over both legs with his tactics.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

sums up how cráp last season's Europa league was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

United were not going to win the CL even if they had gotten through so it isn't a big deal.

A good finish in the PL and try and win he FA are more realistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

callaway92 wrote: »
    Reminds me of when Ireland came away from Denmark with a 0-0 coming into the home leg. Media/fans were saying it was a grea result and we were in the driving seat... yeh, wrong there - away goals give the power.

0-0 is not a good nor an ideal result for Man United. Obviously they’ll be favourites to win the 2nd leg anyway but a Sevilla goal can make things fall apart.

Good result for Sevilla

Yeh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Very impressed with Sevilla after they took the lead. They did ship one goal, but they looked really cool and composed, no panicking, took time to pick out a ball rather than hoofing it. I can't remember the last time I've seen a Premier league team look so composed trying to run down the clock at Old Trafford.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Hahhahahaaa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Aren't you a self proclaimed neutral?

So who were you supporting in this game?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Saturday’s party :pac:

Looks like it did catch up with them after all...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

How is Jose gonna spin this one. Sanchez anonymous . Pogba with more completed passes to the touchline than anywhere else. Could have been even more embarrassing for them if Seville had taken their chances. Nzonzi outstanding tonight.

ArielAtom wrote: »
    Wow, who will he throw under the bus tonight??? Piss poor and no urgency, poor management from Mourinho.

'Its my fault, my tactics were too fearful and negative' said Mourinho never!!

He even became jealous of a female physio at Chelsea. Washed up and found out. He has more in common with Wenger then he thinks.

It was said during the second half and post game on FS (stream I was watching the game on) in the first leg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Aren't you a self proclaimed neutral?

So who were you supporting in this game?

I've never seen a neutral jump to United's defence as much in all my time on boards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Think Souness is spot on when he says de Gea is United's best player. Take him out of the team and they'd be struggling for fourth.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    How is Jose gonna spin this one. Sanchez anonymous . Pogba with more completed passes to the touchline than anywhere else. Could have been even more embarrassing for them if Seville had taken their chances. Nzonzi outstanding tonight.

Sanchez yea, manager yes, but Pogba didn't start. was trying to force the game in the end. Don't get why people are throwing him under the bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

They definitely said it on BT commentary. It only stood out as it was a rather lucky 0-0 rather than a masterclass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Turtyturd wrote: »
    That was glorious.

Think a lot of United fans took that as a gimme and were looking towards the quarter finals on Friday but as Mourinho said Sevilla are a decent team, even Liverpool couldn’t beat them.

Think United had a bit of a hangover from raising their game on Saturday, but they looked really bad tonight and could’ve been beaten by a lot more only for bad finishing.

Feck that, who needs to win when you score five times? :D

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Think Souness is spot on when he says de Gea is United's best player. Take him out of the team and they'd be struggling for fourth.

It's fairly obvious tbh. When was the last time a top 6 or so side had their keeper in the top 3 for number of saves. It's always the bottom half keepers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

PSV-Eindhoven-v-Ajax-Amsterdam-Eredivisie.jpg

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Oat23 wrote: »
    Was Pogba carrying a knock ahead of the game or whats the craic with him? Crazy he's not on the pitch for 90 minutes in such a big game given how much he is costing. I've had mute on all game so perhaps he isn't 100% fit.

He pulled up in training on Friday, was coming back form that, did not look 100% to be fair to him.

Just like taking Salah out of the Liverpool team or Kane out of the Spurs team.
    He’s a United player. What’s the point in even saying that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Well Jose, I suppose things can only Ben Yedder.

Nalz wrote: »
    Players are as much to blame as Mourinho tonight in my opinion

Bailey he was excellent again, Felani and Lukaku were very good. I think everyone else were quite poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Cowardly stuff from United.

Great to see the best team go through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

Sanchez once again offered nothing and he should have been hauled off for Pogba...
    Who offered less than nothing as he persistently gave the ball away. At least Sanchez put in some effort, pogba just saunters around the pitch like a French union worker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Mourinho's fear of losing is always greater than his urge to go out and win games. Sometimes it works like against Liverpool when you get the breaks but when you don't get them you can get results like tonight's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

If United had gone for that from the start they'd have won at a canter, Sevilla started to crumble when the pressure came on at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Just like taking Salah out of the Liverpool team or Kane out of the Spurs team.
    He’s a United player. What’s the point in even saying that?

Top teams normally have top strikers. Top teams rarely have defences forcing their keeping to make the number of saves that bottom 3 keepers have to make.
    I
    Sure it's often used as a reason for keepers not making the step up to a top side, having been used to being kept busy throughout games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The special one is up next

fullstop wrote: »
    If United had gone for that from the start they'd have won at a canter, Sevilla started to crumble when the pressure came on at the end.

The favourite tag doesn’t suit United. It’s like they need something to kick them into gear in these games. If Sevilla scored in the first half, I think United would have gone on to win it.
    Sevilla are not a good side at all. It was cowardly and careless all round from United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Mid table team without him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

fullstop wrote: »

Would they have though. Sevilla created more chances than utd when the pressure came on as you said.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement