Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Legend of Zelda - Link's Awakening - Is there a language select ?

• 13-03-2018 11:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm trying to get my hands on The Legend of Zelda - Link's Awakening for the original gameboy (i.e. not the DX version).

I found a few on eBay from Germany, but I'm assuming these are in German (as there is a German version) but I was wondering if there is an English option on these, or is it just German (i.e. no language select) ?

Anybody know ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,325 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I would imagine given the size of the ROM on those carts it would be German only? Hard to know though.

Maybe fire it up in an emulator?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

o1s1n wrote: »
    I would imagine given the size of the ROM on those carts it would be German only? Hard to know though.

Maybe fire it up in an emulator?
    Ohh.. good point - I hadn't thought of that !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Just checked - it's German only :(

Just installed a bivert and backlight and really wanted to give this a go !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Easy way to check is to try running the matching "file" on a emu, it'll fire up in the language and tell you quickly if it's LoZ in German or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,325 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Just checked - it's German only :(

Just installed a bivert and backlight and really wanted to give this a go !

Es ist gefährlich alleine zu gehen - Nimm dies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Oh i think the one i got was from Germany, may check that

Advertisement