Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryzen 3 experience

Options
  • 13-03-2018 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

I am looking at pulling the trigger on my first PC build which looks like being a budget build due to GPU prices.

Just wondering if I could expect a decent gaming experience with a Ryzen 3, 1050ti GPU and 8gb of RAM?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Yeah that's all you need for 1080p/60fps. You will be able to run most games on or close to max settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I am looking at pulling the trigger on my first PC build which looks like being a budget build due to GPU prices.

Just wondering if I could expect a decent gaming experience with a Ryzen 3, 1050ti GPU and 8gb of RAM?

Just make sure the motherboard is B350, not A320.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

BloodBath wrote: »
    Yeah that's all you need for 1080p/60fps. You will be able to run most games on or close to max settings.

Thats what I was wondering, most youtubers seem to recommend more powerful machines but I dont plan on streaming like they keep talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The 1200 is a good budget processor but a little overclocking gives great results. I would say if possible, it might be wise to go the extra for something like a Ryzen 5 1500X as longevity would be a lot better - it's a quad core, eight thread CPU (with faster clocks and double the cache) vs quad core, quad thread of the 1200.

Changing GPU is a two minute job even for a novice, if and when upgrading is needed. Swapping CPU is a lot more hassle and effort. I'd always recommend the budget lean heavier towards CPU than GPU for a first time budget build.

To get the 1500X in budget, maybe get a cheaper case or PSU, or drop from a 1050Ti to a regular 1050.

What is your budget?

The 1200 is a good budget processor but a little overclocking gives great results. I would say if possible, it might be wise to go the extra for something like a Ryzen 5 1500X as longevity would be a lot better - it's a quad core, eight thread CPU (with faster clocks and double the cache) vs quad core, quad thread of the 1200.

Changing GPU is a two minute job even for a novice, if and when upgrading is needed. Swapping CPU is a lot more hassle and effort. I'd always recommend the budget lean heavier towards CPU than GPU for a first time budget build.

To get the 1500X in budget, maybe get a cheaper case or PSU, or drop from a 1050Ti to a regular 1050.

What is your budget?

I would be happy to spend up to 800. I just picked the 1200 as the rest of the build was fairly budget spec. With the 1200 the build is priced at €739.99 on Pcpartpicker, but when I set it to UK the price is €659.28. Would I be likely to lose any savings on shipping costs if I went with the UK vendors?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

I would be happy to spend up to 800. I just picked the 1200 as the rest of the build was fairly budget spec. With the 1200 the build is priced at €739.99 on Pcpartpicker, but when I set it to UK the price is €659.28. Would I be likely to lose any savings on shipping costs if I went with the UK vendors?

Why not post a link to the PC partpicker list and people can advise you on your parts and potential savings

I signed up for amazon prime UK on a months trial and had all my parts sent from there via parcel motel to Dublin. Was painless, quick, and cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Just buy everything from the same place (or two at most)....Amazon, OCUK, wherever. Way less hassle and usually cheaper than buying from all over the place with various postage charges worked in.

Pricing the whole lot on Amazon, the below comes in at a total of €800.32. Open to any suggestions to reduce price or improve performance

Corsair CP-9020120-UK CX Series 450 W CX450 ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze Power Supply Unit - Black

Seagate 1 TB BarraCuda 3.5 Inch 7200 RPM Internal Hard Drive (64 MB Cache, SATA 6 GB/s, Up to 210 MB/s)

TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 N900 Dual Band Wireless PCI Express Adapter with Three Antennas

MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GAMING X 4G 4 GB GDDR5 128 Bit Memory H

Kingston SSD A400 240 GB Solid State Drive (2.5 Inch SATA 3)

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series F4-2400C15D-8GVR 8 GB (4 GBx2) DDR4 2400 MHz C15 1.2 V Memory Kit - Blazing Red

AMD Ryzen 5 1500X Desktop CPU-AM4(Quad Core,3.5GHz -3.7GHz Turbo,65W)

Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 Computer Case 'ATX, microATX, Mini-ITX, USB 3.0, Window Side Panel' MCW-L5S3-KANN-01

Ordered the parts at the weekend. Got the price down by changing the ram, case and GPU brands. Will post an update when I build or throw all in a skip in frustration. Thanks!

Advertisement