If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denon homecinema

Options
  • 13-03-2018 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi RS

I'm keen to buy the 'Denon HomeCinema' Soundbar/Wireless speaker with wireless subwoofer. Gets great reviews and is on at a super price. 

Will you deliver to Dublin?

I aim to use optical out from my Apple Tv (3rd gen) to link them - does the Denon take a 'Toslink' optical input?

Also, I have a Sony KDL 32ex502 tv - I could use the optical out from this (drawing the signal from HDMI from Apple TV) - or I could use ARC and run HDMI from the Apple TV to the Denon, and on to the Tv. What would you recommend? 

I want to get the most out of HD iTunes movie and Netflix content – we don't watch anything else really. 

Another question..... would my Apple tv output  audio over both optical/toslink (going to Denon) and HDMI (going to tv, which goes via RCA to Cambridge Audio stereo amp) ??? I ask because if there are no synch issues I might try and run both audio systems simultaneously – might be great, might not!

If none of that would work – I have some sweet monitor audios installed in custom alcoves in our living room and an old standalone pioneer subwoofer – what would you recommend in the line of an AV receiver and also centre, rear L & R right speakers, to put together a budget bespoke cinema 5.1 system? We only watch iTunes and Netflix, and I have other AirPlay devices....

Thanks!

T

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

turlougho wrote: »
    Hi RS

I'm keen to buy the 'Denon HomeCinema' Soundbar/Wireless speaker with wireless subwoofer. Gets great reviews and is on at a super price. 

Will you deliver to Dublin?

I aim to use optical out from my Apple Tv (3rd gen) to link them - does the Denon take a 'Toslink' optical input?

Also, I have a Sony KDL 32ex502 tv - I could use the optical out from this (drawing the signal from HDMI from Apple TV) - or I could use ARC and run HDMI from the Apple TV to the Denon, and on to the Tv. What would you recommend? 

I want to get the most out of HD iTunes movie and Netflix content – we don't watch anything else really. 

Another question..... would my Apple tv output  audio over both optical/toslink (going to Denon) and HDMI (going to tv, which goes via RCA to Cambridge Audio stereo amp) ??? I ask because if there are no synch issues I might try and run both audio systems simultaneously – might be great, might not!

If none of that would work – I have some sweet monitor audios installed in custom alcoves in our living room and an old standalone pioneer subwoofer – what would you recommend in the line of an AV receiver and also centre, rear L & R right speakers, to put together a budget bespoke cinema 5.1 system? We only watch iTunes and Netflix, and I have other AirPlay devices....

Thanks!

T
    Hi Turlougho.

Thanks for the post.

The Denon Homecinema is a great sounding product and has been really popular.

The Heos Homecinema has one optical input so you could either go from your Apple TV or direct from your TV or as you mention go HDMi from Apple TV then onto the television.

I would not recommend running two audio system at the same time as this would cause the audio to sound muddled and would not sound very good at all. It would be one or the other unfortunately.

Regarding the Apple TV outputting audio over both HDMI and optical at the same time is not something I know of hand as I'm not familiar with the product. You could perhaps drop Apple an email to check with them.

If you wanted to scrap the above and go for an AV receiver and centre. What sort of budget are you thinking as there are many many options.
    Something perhaps like the Denon AVRX540BT priced at £229.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202670-avrx540bt.aspx

And pair it with the Monitor Audio Monitor Centre priced at £140.00
    https://www.richersounds.com/tv-home-cinema/centre-speakers/moni-audio-monitor-c150-walnut.html

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 turlougho

HI RS

Thanks for the response – and I know what you mean re: using two audio systems concurrently.

I have
    -Monitor Audio stereo speakers
    -Pioneer vintage and powerful subwoofer

so i need:
    -AV receiver with 5.1 functionality (the Denon AVRX540BT looks good)
    -centre speaker (i would happily go with the centre MA model you suggest)
    -rear left and right speakers

to create a simple 5.1 system. 

So what would you recommend for rear left and right speakers to complete the setup?

Also, is there any way (apart from the expensive Denon AVR Heos system) to use wireless rear left and right speakers with the Denon AVRX540BT or equivalent budget AV receiver?

thanks

T

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

turlougho wrote: »
    HI RS

Thanks for the response – and I know what you mean re: using two audio systems concurrently.

I have
    -Monitor Audio stereo speakers
    -Pioneer vintage and powerful subwoofer

so i need:
    -AV receiver with 5.1 functionality (the Denon AVRX540BT looks good)
    -centre speaker (i would happily go with the centre MA model you suggest)
    -rear left and right speakers

to create a simple 5.1 system. 

So what would you recommend for rear left and right speakers to complete the setup?

Also, is there any way (apart from the expensive Denon AVR Heos system) to use wireless rear left and right speakers with the Denon AVRX540BT or equivalent budget AV receiver?

thanks

T
    Hi T.

There is no way to run wireless rears off of the 540BT or any other AV receiver unfortunately. (Except the Heos AVR).

If you wanted to stick with Monitor Audio you could use the Bronze FX which are designed as a rear speaker. Priced at £279.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-12906-black-oak.aspx

Or you could use a pair of Monitor Audio Monitor 50's coming in at £160.00
    https://www.richersounds.com/moni-audio-monitor-50-blk.html

I should be able to do you a bit of a deal on the overall package.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.