Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bag Repairs

Options
  • 13-03-2018 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭

I have a waterproof bag but one of the pockets zips is bust and the rain hood is also busted. Any idea where i could get a replacement rainhood and would a cobbler be able to fix the zip? Its the ball pocket so the waterproofing isnt exactly essential.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭stockdam

Is the zip ripped or is it just broken? It's very hard to get anyone to look at it and even then you could be looking at a significant price.
    My advice would be to look at Youtube and try it yourself.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Still covered under warranty?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭slingerz

Zip is broken and not under warranty. A work colleague has a local cobbler that may be able to fix it. It’s a bag I’ve inherited for free and I don’t have a cart bag myself so I’d be keen to get these fixed so the bag is more useable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

OP dont know where yo are based but i got new zip fitted to my bag for less than a tenner about a year ago in Snip and Sew on the hill in Stillorgan. Beside the orchard. Great job and still working perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭slingerz

dennyire wrote: »
    OP dont know where yo are based but i got new zip fitted to my bag for less than a tenner about a year ago in Snip and Sew on the hill in Stillorgan. Beside the orchard. Great job and still working perfectly

cheers nowhere near Stillorgan but i'm hopefully the cobbler will be able to do something for me. Its a ball pocket so just need it to open/close not necessarily be waterproof

• Advertisement
Advertisement