Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler making really loud noises

Options
  • 13-03-2018 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi all, I have an ideal classic NF 50 boiler working in a vented central heating system. I had it serviced a few months ago as it was due and all was OK. A few nights ago the boiler started making loud noises. I immediately switched it off and investigated.

It turns out the water in my area had been switched off so I think the tank in the attic may have run dry as I wasn't aware (had showers etc). I didn't find out about the water being off until the next day and by then the tank was full again. With the tank full I tried the heating again. Unfortunately the noises were still there. I didn't want to leave it running for long and cause damage so when the noise showed up I switched it off.

I didn't really know how to proceed and was hoping there might be a way to check the pump is working correctly etc. without damaging the system. I was hoping some more experience members might be able to suggest some things I could try. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Try the Plumbing and Heating section here
    Might get a faster response

Advertisement