Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better night life in Killarney or Tralee?

Options
  • 13-03-2018 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I'm in the planning stages of a trip to Kerry and I was wondering which has the better night life, Killarney or Tralee? I know "better night life" is a relative/subjective term but I'd appreciate opinions. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I'm in the planning stages of a trip to Kerry and I was wondering which has the better night life, Killarney or Tralee? I know "better night life" is a relative/subjective term but I'd appreciate opinions. Thanks in advance.

If its a nightclub you are after, there are none in Tralee anymore, just a few late bars, which act as nightclubs now!

As much as I hate to send people away from Tralee, I have heard that Killarney is good for a night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

Killarney no question. Tralee's not great at night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

A few decent pubs in Tralee to be fair to it, but Killarney is up in Stag and Hen do territory alongside the likes of Kilkenny and Galway.

Killarney wins, hands down.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Benildus wrote: »

Tralee has plenty of good bars, just no nightclubs. I've had plenty of good nights out in Tralee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Tralee has plenty of good bars, just no nightclubs. I've had plenty of good nights out in Tralee!

You always defend Tralee to the absolute hilt.

• Advertisement

You always defend Tralee to the absolute hilt.

It’s my home town, why wouldn’t I? It’s called having pride! I won’t apologise for defending it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I've never been out in Tralee but see it as being a very student night out type of place. Obviously depends on the venue and time of year I guess!

I'm from Killarney and I guess it's grand for a night out. Most people from outside the town seen to like nights out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,269 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Unless you're looking for a fight.

Advertisement