Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for IP Camera (POE)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭derekbro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Ended up going with

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06VWLCZTV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It only arrived yesterday. Great thing about this Camera is it automatically got picked up by my Synology survelience station.

Will have a look at those Reolink anyway.

Thanks for the reply

BObbyT28

derekbro wrote: »

Your's also works with Reolink. mmmmmm will have to have a look at this one now as it is a 4mp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Ended up going with

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06VWLCZTV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It only arrived yesterday. Great thing about this Camera is it automatically got picked up by my Synology survelience station.

Will have a look at those Reolink anyway.

Thanks for the reply

BObbyT28

Hi Bobby,

Looking at adding an additional PoE camera to my synolgoy, would you be able to post some examples of the video quality? Are you still happy with the camera?

davo2001 wrote: »
    Hi Bobby,

Looking at adding an additional PoE camera to my synolgoy, would you be able to post some examples of the video quality? Are you still happy with the camera?

It's been hit an miss regarding motion detection from the synology thruogh this camera but i think it will just take a little bit of tinkering haven't had a chance to really sit down and look at it (Work and kids!).

Setup was simple, I have synology doing all the motio detection etc.
    Quality is very good considering the price. Night vision is also good, better than I expected.

I have it recording to a 1TB HDD in the synology dedicated to my CCTV cameras.

Sometimes when I try and view recordings from the app, I get a black screen but can view it from laptop

I'll see if I can get some pics and video and I'll post them up

BobbyT28

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Thanks Bobby, appricate it, i wouldn't really be using it for motion detection, just an always on/recording outdoor camera.

Post a video if you get the chance or PM me a link if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Hi all, sorry to jump on this thread, but also looking for a suggestion for a small surveillance camera for the front. Just to watch the front drive etc. It doesn't need to be waterproof as it will be protected from a canopy but something with a battery, night vision, motion detector and wont break the bank
    Seen reviews on line for the Reolink Argus 2 but all US ads.
    Can it be bought here or any other suggestions please

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

davo2001 wrote: »
    Thanks Bobby, appricate it, i wouldn't really be using it for motion detection, just an always on/recording outdoor camera.

Post a video if you get the chance or PM me a link if you want.

hi, have u the camera set up with a monitor, 24/7

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Hi all, sorry to jump on this thread, but also looking for a suggestion for a small surveillance camera for the front. Just to watch the front drive etc. It doesn't need to be waterproof as it will be protected from a canopy but something with a battery, night vision, motion detector and wont break the bank
    Seen reviews on line for the Reolink Argus 2 but all US ads.
    Can it be bought here or any other suggestions please

Thanks

Given your battery requirement, then either Blink or Arlo. Those are outdoor, wireless, battery operated options. All the of the options I can think of require power.

BTW There are some downsides to how these battery operated cameras work. If there is any chance you can run power to the location, then you have more and better options IMO.

The Home Automation forum here on boards has lots of folks with experience of the above.

Advertisement