Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New House - Renting Rooms

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Clueless...yes because I’ve never done this before. Asking questions here because of that fact but all I’m seeing is snide, bordering on nasty comments from the likes of you.

You asked a question and people have responded as best they can given the information you've provided.

If you don't like the answers that's a different issue. If you expected to treat it as a bit of "handy cash" with minimal effort and the absolute minimum provided to your student/guest, then IMO it's no bad thing for you to get a different perspective.

If you can't afford to provide these things (Mrs O'Bumble's suggestions seem like the most sensible way forward given the scenario you've outlined) then maybe it's not an idea to be considering TBH

As for your comment on the Motors forum - your complaint here is exactly what the issue is there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Also at 90 a week that's close to 400 a month, take two students that's almost 800 a month which would be close to covering a mortgage for people in many parts of the country so not sure how you think the op won't turn a profit. It's tax free too remember.

Interesting how you added the above on to your post after I had already replied. It's less than 90 a week can't remember the exact figure as i already said and you can only take in one student. Also the student will be using utilities that are not covered outside of the set rent. I didn't say the OP wouldn't make a profit more not as much as they may hope. Now I'm leaving it that. The OP has received a lot of answers. Most of which he sees as snide comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Mod note: can we all please address each other civilly? Enough of the back and forth.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement