Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Struggling to find accommodation in Amsterdam

Options
  • 13-03-2018 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭

Really struggling to find reasonable accommodation in the City Centre or near in amsterdam. We’re travelling in June’s for 4 nights and want somewhere we can walk back to after a night out , or is it pretty normal to get a hotel a bit out and get a train or bus back at 1/2/3/4 in morning? We’re young so will be mostly partying I’d say.

Most places seem to be a ten minute train/bus ride, I don’t mind doing that if it’s doable and what most do and end up fine? Seen as the prices are €100+ a night , €100 is reasonable.

Basically we don’t want to have to go home at 12 every night because of transport

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Really struggling to find reasonable accommodation in the City Centre or near in amsterdam. We’re travelling in June’s for 4 nights and want somewhere we can walk back to after a night out , or is it pretty normal to get a hotel a bit out and get a train or bus back at 1/2/3/4 in morning? We’re young so will be mostly partying I’d say.

Most places seem to be a ten minute train/bus ride, I don’t mind doing that if it’s doable and what most do and end up fine? Seen as the prices are €100+ a night , €100 is reasonable.

Basically we don’t want to have to go home at 12 every night because of transport

I stayed out near the vondlepark last time I was there. A good 30-40min walk from all the action. You'll be fine walking those distances if you're in a group. You'll also be so langers you won't even care. Uber is also available but we walked both nights. Stayokay Hostel is the name of the place. Really nice spot.

Advertisement