Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spotting in between periods

Options
  • 13-03-2018 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi

Just wondering has anyone experienced spotting in between periods?. I've been tracking my periods / symptoms over the past few months and have noticed I get slightly darlk bloody mucus followed by pale pink discharge exactly 7 days before my period begins. Only noticeable when I wipe. Its not every month but the majority of them and nearly always at the same time - 1 week before period due. Periods are pretty much bang on give or take a day and have an average of 29 day cycle. Is the spotting something I should be concerned about or get checked out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

Spotting between periods should always be checked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Stellasmurf

maxsmum wrote: »
    Spotting between periods should always be checked out.

Spotting around ovulation can be a sign of high fertility and is nothing to worry about. However spotting in the later luteal phase may indicate a hormone deficiency. OP, probably nothing to be concerned about but if you're worried or notice a change in pattern, best to speak to your doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 martha42

Also did you change your diet or exercise plan recently? I experienced light spotting in the middle of my cycle when I started exercising daily. It went away naturally when my body adjusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 suzb2

Hi ladies.
    I spot 5 days or so before my period starts. I've mentioned it to various doctors and none of them seem concerned.. even now when I've been ttc for the last 18 months. My bloods are all fine but it's frustrating thinking that that could be my problem. Could u let me know what the doctors say to you please? Id be very interested to know. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I had spotting and irregular cycles and it turned out to be PCOS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭sunsetbeachfan

I get spotting sometimes instead of periods but I've pcos so not exactly 'normal'. I told doctor, it means I'm low in progesterone too high in androgen.
    It's annoying as I keep hoping it will turn into a period but I don't spot before a period it's all or nothing for me. Ive googled reasons for spotting before and there are so many different causes for it no one can really advise you, just giving you my personal experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭chocoholic999

I used have spotting 6 days before my period, I started taking vitamin b6 and it reduced to 2-3 days of spotting within a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Nimi85

I used to spot for at least a week before my period. I went in for a hysteroscopy, D&C and biopsies and during this my consultant found that I had cervical ectropion (aka cervical erosion) which was causing my prolonged bleeding. She corrected it there and then by burning away the damage and since I have had normal periods (for the first time in 10 years).

Just to share my situation, I spent years floating around the internet trying to figure out why I was bleeding for two weeks of every month!

Advertisement