Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension funds and shares

• 13-03-2018 9:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,745 ✭✭✭✭

In the UK, it is possible to buy shares on the London Stock Exchange through your pension fund, Is there any reason why we don't have this in Ireland, i.e. the ability to use your retirement savings in a PRB or PRSA and invest directly into shares.

Is it because of Irish regulation, or because life offices feel that they would make less, as they wouldn't be able to charge management fees?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

It is possible to run your own stockbroking account through your pension here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,745 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

It is possible to run your own stockbroking account through your pension here.

Oh really - have you a link?
    I never see it advertised with life companies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Oh really - have you a link?
    I never see it advertised with life companies?

Davy, would be the easiest place to start.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Davy, would be the easiest place to start.

They have their own in house products though so their advice might be conflicted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,745 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

They have their own in house products though so their advice might be conflicted.

I had a look about it seems like Irish life have exactly what I was talking about - the fact the other life providers don't have it makes me think it's rather a new thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I had a look about it seems like Irish life have exactly what I was talking about - the fact the other life providers don't have it makes me think it's rather a new thing.

Most life offices will have what you are looking for, it's not that uncommon. Standard life have one and the shares are purchased through Cantor Fitzgerald.

Advertisement