Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

monitoring home broadband data usage

Options
  • 13-03-2018 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

I have been unable to check my home broadband usage for a month now either through the my eir app or on the web. Have had many online chats telling me it has been raised with high importance and also logged a fault to my account twice but absolutely nothing has changed.This is obviously important as I don't want to incur excess charges outside of the fair usage policy which has happened to me before. When I check my account to see' check the fault status' it says there are no open faults.it's extremely frustrating to see no action on this.what do you advise next

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

FCB1899 wrote: »
    I have been unable to check my home broadband usage for a month now either through the my eir app or on the web. Have had many online chats telling me it has been raised with high importance and also logged a fault to my account twice but absolutely nothing has changed.This is obviously important as I don't want to incur excess charges outside of the fair usage policy which has happened to me before. When I check my account to see' check the fault status' it says there are no open faults.it's extremely frustrating to see no action on this.what do you advise next
    Hi FCB1899, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

Feel free to PM me your account details, full name on the account and I'll have a look into this case for you.  

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭FCB1899

Hi FCB1899, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

Feel free to PM me your account details, full name on the account and I'll have a look into this case for you.  

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Any update Tracey? PM'D you yesterday,still no faults logged to my account,still unable to check my data usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

I made a similar thread earlier today, same issue. Also PM’d the rep Monday and again this morning and no reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi Guys,

Apologies for the delay. Tracey is currently unavailable so I will follow this up on her behalf and get back to you very soon.

Thanks,

Sarah

What is your definition of very soon? I have been away for 5 days and there is still no resolution to this problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi there,

I have escalated this to the relevant department for resolution.

I have also sent you a PM and will update you further as soon as I know more.

Thanks,

Sarah

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Hi there,

Thanks,

Sarah
    Any update on this Sarah? Still unable to check my usage and still no fault logged to my account despite logging the fault 3 times. Its nearly two months that I have been unable to check my usage which is pretty poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

As a temporary workaround, check your routers webpage (usually http://192.168.1.1 ) and see if there's a tab that shows your usage statistic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi there,

Thanks,

Sarah
    Any update on this Sarah? Still unable to check my usage and still no fault logged to my account despite logging the fault 3 times. Its nearly two months that I have been unable to check my usage which is pretty poor.
    Hi FCB1899, 

I'm afraid Sarah is not available today however I have looked into your case and can see a case has been raised with our online IT team for an investigation. We have no timeframe on this, unfortunately, but we are working on getting this resolved as soon as possible. 

No fault will be logged against your account directly as it's an internal investigation. 

I can see Sarah has sent you on a broadband usage link to check this, is this working for you? 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭kenny111

Hi there,

Thanks,

Sarah
    Hi FCB1899, 

I'm afraid Sarah is not available today however I have looked into your case and can see a case has been raised with our online IT team for an investigation. We have no timeframe on this, unfortunately, but we are working on getting this resolved as soon as possible. 

No fault will be logged against your account directly as it's an internal investigation. 

I can see Sarah has sent you on a broadband usage link to check this, is this working for you? 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    can you share this usage link?  i also cannot check my usage and don't want any excess charges.  What will happen if we are charged but can't check?

• Advertisement

kenny111 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Thanks,

Sarah
    Hi FCB1899, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    can you share this usage link?  i also cannot check my usage and don't want any excess charges.  What will happen if we are charged but can't check?
    As a temporary workaround, check your routers webpage (usually http://192.168.1.1 ) and see if there's a tab that shows your usage statistic? didnt work for me though

Advertisement