Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bayliner 2655

• 13-03-2018 11:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

im thinking of making the the jump into the boating world i had a look at a nice clean one of the above but its a petrol should that worry me.what other nice cabin crusiers can be got or around 17 to 18k

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

What is your specific worry regarding petrol? What sized engine are you talking about? I've just about finished refurbing a (yet to be splashed) 25' Wellcraft Sportsman fitted with 5.7 litre Mercruiser V8.

It's not going to be very easy on petrol and in this regard my biggest issue would be actually getting petrol! There are various outlets for diesel around the inland waterways and at some harbours also, but not so for petrol. I have a bit of a work around which involves several 20 litre fuel cans. Not ideal but do able.

As a matter of interest, is the boat in question based in Kinsale?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Just look at it as smiles per gallon :D I used to own one and they are not a bad boat a bit lower spec than others like the sealine but a good starter boat. If your not sure when it was last done add into the cost a new impeller and bellows kit also check the non return valves in the exhaust they look like the heel of a shoe and can break off and block the cooling, Best of luck with her.

032.jpg

Advertisement