Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short Stay in Dingle

• 14-03-2018 12:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows if there are any places to rent in Dingle or nearby for a short term let or sharing e.g. 2 - 6 months or thereabouts?

I have been having a look online and it appears to be almost all holiday home in Dingle. Hoping to start working in Dingle in the next few months and would love to cut my commute time to something a bit shorter than Killarney or Tralee.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Stargazer7 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows if there are any places to rent in Dingle or nearby for a short term let or sharing e.g. 2 - 6 months or thereabouts?

I have been having a look online and it appears to be almost all holiday home in Dingle. Hoping to start working in Dingle in the next few months and would love to cut my commute time to something a bit shorter than Killarney or Tralee.

Thanks!

Dingle can be hard to rent in peak season. I know there was a shortage of places to rent the past few summers and it was causing issues with people wanting to work there for the summer. I would check for rentals (either private or through an agent) outside of Dingle. If you have a car then at least you have that option. Tralee is about a 35 min drive to Dingle so maybe somewhere in between. Would you consider a house share?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Dingle is notoriously difficult to get affordable medium to long term rentals. There have even been suggestions of mooring an accomodation boat in the harbour to house workers in the hotels and general tourist industry!!

Your best bet is to start looking to the east of Dingle - Annascaul onwards - and you could well end up in Tralee/Castlemaine/Milltown etc. It's a 45 minute drive - on a good day - and much longer in the summer when there's a lot of extra traffic.
    If you fancy a scenic commute don't forget Castlegregory too but again I'd say there would be little to choose from.

Advertisement