Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Bag and trolley

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

seamie78 wrote: »
    Looking for a bit of advice, currently use a pull trolley and stand bag not been playing that long so now looking to upgrade to a push trolley(there must be a reason I am the only one pulling my clubs behind me), this obviously means a new bag as well. enquired in a golf shop and was told id be looking at 300 in total.

However looking at amazon I could get the following trolley

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cruiser-Golf-Deluxe-Wheel-Trolley/dp/B01MFAS180/ref=pd_sim_200_6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=SHH8WEX75DE56JK3HR0C

along with this bag

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Prosimmon-Tour-Trolley-Black-Green/dp/B0126LUQA4/ref=pd_sim_200_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=BMAX0CJGEACRXVBV0F8P

for half the price, are these purchases id regret in 2 months and wish I spent the extra money.

Having never used proper trolleys and bags is the extra expense justified. not keen to splash out that much at the minute as I have just upgraded irons, am awaiting new driver and membership fees are due....

The bag look decent so I think you would be safe enough there. As for the trolly, its not exactly any different from the usual 20-30 euro range you get in the shops here so you can save on that front :)

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

thanks, If I look at the golf shops the push trolleys all seem tio be around the 150-200 mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭allybhoy

jonnycivic wrote: »
    The bag look decent so I think you would be safe enough there. As for the trolly, its not exactly any different from the usual 20-30 euro range you get in the shops here so you can save on that front :)

Suppose its down to personal preference, but tbh id say the opposite, trolley looks fine but i wouldnt be mad on the bag... I could imagine you would be looking to change that after a year or so.

I personally splashed out a few years ago on the tour bag for my clubs and it was one of the best golf purchases ive ever made, far more durable than the previous bag i had, no issues with the zips etc and the leather just wipes clean and looks very well.

https://www.mcguirksgolf.com/p/mizuno-pro-cart-bag-staff/mi7a301staffos

Mates have equivalent Ping \ Nike Tour bags and love them.

Also, if money is an issue, there is no reason why you cant just get the 3 wheeled trolley and stick your existing stand bag on it for the time being, keep your eye on adverts \ donedeal for trolleys and bags you can usually find a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭allybhoy

seamie78 wrote: »
    thanks, If I look at the golf shops the push trolleys all seem tio be around the 150-200 mark

Yeh thats a good price for a 3 wheel trolley tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

I have one of these in red, https://www.halpennygolf.com/Mobile/en/Skymax-Qwik-Fold-30-3-Wheel-Push-Cart/m-m-7887.aspx for sale for €150. Brand new and still in the wrapping. PM me if you're interested.

• Advertisement

well I have ordered the two of them, they are a big upgrade on what I have one way or another. we will see will they stand the test of time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

Have a look at online shops, you could pick up an icart or motocaddy push cart for under 100euro and a whole host of decent cart bags around the 110euro mark. Should get free delivery then on that sort of basket

• Registered Users Posts: 8,534 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Quick Question...why do you need to change your bag based on a change from a pull to a push trolley. They should, in essence, fit in the exact same way to the trolley irrespective of where it is relative to you when you're moving it

i was told a stand bag wouldn't work on the pull trolley at one stage never really looked into it any further, ah well looking forward to my new bag new

Advertisement