Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parking at LUAS Broombridge?

• 14-03-2018 10:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi, I'm planning to drive to Broombridge and then take LUAS to the inner city. Any parking tips around the Broombridge station area?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭birchtree

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,251 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

On street parking is very limited around Broombridge. Maybe park closer to the Phibsboro end of Cabra and get on there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭birchtree

So I went cold-calling there this morning. I went in from the Dublin Industrial Estate side, there is one way incoming over the bridge over the canal, so I looked around for parking around in the industrial estate. All around the estate there are no yellow lines, and the no-parking signs only apply to >3.5t vehicles. However there were no cars parked anywhere outside the units, which means there are things which I don't know. I found a pocket where there were few other cars parked, probably nearby employees. As I walked over the bridge, I did not see any cars parked around the residential estate either. So the possibilities are that either it is not safe, or people have not 'discovered' the route, or it is not legal, however I did not spot any signs.

Hope this helps to anyone who might be investigating the new route into town, please post your comments to fill in the knowledge gaps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

birchtree wrote: »
    So I went cold-calling there this morning. I went in from the Dublin Industrial Estate side, there is one way incoming over the bridge over the canal, so I looked around for parking around in the industrial estate. All around the estate there are no yellow lines, and the no-parking signs only apply to >3.5t vehicles. However there were no cars parked anywhere outside the units, which means there are things which I don't know. I found a pocket where there were few other cars parked, probably nearby employees. As I walked over the bridge, I did not see any cars parked around the residential estate either. So the possibilities are that either it is not safe, or people have not 'discovered' the route, or it is not legal, however I did not spot any signs.

Hope this helps to anyone who might be investigating the new route into town, please post your comments to fill in the knowledge gaps!

I'm an old veteran of travelling through Broombridge on the train back in the day when the local yokels used to stone trains for sport. I believe it has calmed down since but I wouldn't think about parking my car near there in a fit. YMMV.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 avon barksdale

Just a heads up. I live close by and have spotted cars being clamped regulary. Im not sure why though,as there are no yellow lines.

• Advertisement
Advertisement