Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

plantsin pots that would be flowering early May

Options
  • 14-03-2018 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Hi I am having an event in my house on MayBank holiday weekend.
    I want to plant up a few pots and baskets.
    What would be recommended that do not cost the earth that would have nice flowers for then

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Early may is a bit difficult, mostly bulbs in flower and others are weather dependent to some extent. The year is running a bit late at the moment, but if there is a sudden improvement there could be lots of options. The best bet would probably be primulas. Suggest you do not plant up the baskets till fairly near the date - maybe a week before - see what is in the garden centres in flower and use them. If the weather is very cold or windy, give them some shelter (not in the house).

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭coleen

Thank you .I have just got some primula and will wait and see what else is there

Advertisement