Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to Cancel!

Options
  • 14-03-2018 10:20am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Bit of a frustrating situation. I’ve moved out of my house a few days ago, before doing so I tried cancelling my Eir broundband service. Made the call and was told to expect an email to confirm the cancellation.

Fast forward 3 days, no email.

So I rand again, apparently she enterd the email address wrong and that it would be rectified. So ye updated the details, I even called out and spelt my email address like 3 times and still nothing 2 days later.

I just want to end a service yet it almost seems like an impossible task!!

Any bill after March, I’m refusing to pay because my service should be in the final 30 days notice since last Friday which is just before my April bill arrives in. I shouldn’t be at fault for dozey call center people who can’t do a simple task.

Can I get assistance in this matter and get it dealt with?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Yakult wrote: »
    Hi,

Bit of a frustrating situation. I’ve moved out of my house a few days ago, before doing so I tried cancelling my Eir broundband service. Made the call and was told to expect an email to confirm the cancellation.

So I rand again, apparently she enterd the email address wrong and that it would be rectified. So ye updated the details, I even called out and spelt my email address like 3 times and still nothing 2 days later.

Any bill after March, I’m refusing to pay because my service should be in the final 30 days notice since last Friday which is just before my April bill arrives in. I shouldn’t be at fault for dozey call center people who can’t do a simple task.

Hi Yakult, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves. 

Feel free to PM me your account details, full name on the account and I'll have a look at this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Shuttle666

Hi,

Classic "Loyalty" department tactics, they will ignore the issue and then it moves on to Credit Control, who can't be contacts, and won't engage/respond.  They pass on to a debt collection agency, you give the dates and times of your cancellation and it all gets brushed away.  Hardly the most effective use of any of our time, but eir seem to accept this as standard business practice and under oath in court confirmed that they are happy with their complaint handling!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

STILL no movement on my cancellation.

Consider my 30 day notice given when I first called (8/3/18)

You’ve had my details from the start. I’m not responsible for incompetence on your behalf (which I tried two times to sort to no avail)

But I’m done trying now, you have evidence and I have evidence that I called and tried to cancel.

So gladly send this on to your managers or who ever, because my last bill was yesterday/today and any more bills I gets are going into the bin.

Goodbye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

STILL no movement on my cancellation.

Consider my 30 day notice given when I first called (8/3/18)

You’ve had my details from the start. I’m not responsible for incompetence on your behalf (which I tried two times to sort to no avail)

But I’m done trying now, you have evidence and I have evidence that I called and tried to cancel.

So gladly send this on to your managers or who ever, because my last bill was yesterday/today and any more bills I gets are going into the bin.  

Goodbye.
    Hi Yakult ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Advertisement