Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port Forwarding Virgin Hub/ Virtualbox/ Ubuntu

• 14-03-2018 11:45am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I set up Ubuntu Server using Virtualbox. Everything is working fine but the ip address assigned to the machine is 10.0.2.15. I need to port forward my Virgin Media Hub but in the settings it will only allow me port forward with addresses that begin 192.168.0. Is it an easy process to change the ip address of the Ubuntu machine?? Any advice would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

This is nothing to do with virgin and everything to do with your vm config. Look at your virtual network settings, there are several different modes which are appropriate for different situations.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

An easy fix by changing the Network settings in Virtualbox from NAT to Bridged mode.:)

Advertisement