Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bench grinder > Mower blades

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

either of those will do the job, make sure its connected securely to the bench/table

also get a wheel dresser

any decent diy shop should stock them, woodies, B&Q, homebase etc

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I use a bench vice and a 4” grinder with a grinder blade. It’s a more versatile piece of equipment to own.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

A powerfile will sharpen them without removing the blade if you are careful. I use a cheap Lidl Bench grinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Odelay

_Brian wrote: »
    I use a bench vice and a 4” grinder with a grinder blade. It’s a more versatile piece of equipment to own.

Only problem with the grinder is it cuts too hot, heats the steel and it loses temper/hardness meaning it will blunt faster. That's why the stone in a bench grinder with the slower rpm is more suited.
    Unless the thicker grinding discs work at a cooler temperature?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I'd go for a wet grinder, much better for blades as they are slower and cooler.
    https://www.ie.screwfix.com/energer-enb520grb-150mm-bench-grinder-240v.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

The Lidl and Einhell grinders are essentially the same product.

Advertisement