Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere in/near Dun Laoghaire to watch the Rugby & Hurling

• 14-03-2018 12:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Any suggestions for a good spot in or near Dun Laoghaire to watch both the Rugby & Hurling on Paddy's Day?

Somewhere up/down the Dart line would be fine too - Blackrock, Dalkey, etc.

Considering Cuala are playing I imagine somewhere in Dalkey will be showing it?

I don't know the area that well so suggestions appreciated for good spots that won't be entirely mobbed.

Thanks

Comments

KonFusion wrote: »
    Hi all,

Any suggestions for a good spot in or near Dun Laoghaire to watch both the Rugby & Hurling on Paddy's Day?

Somewhere up/down the Dart line would be fine too - Blackrock, Dalkey, etc.

Considering Cuala are playing I imagine somewhere in Dalkey will be showing it?

I don't know the area that well so suggestions appreciated for good spots that won't be entirely mobbed.

Thanks

I would make a educated guess that The Club in Dalkey will have it all on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Aegir wrote: »
    I would make a educated guess that The Club in Dalkey will have it all on.

Is that a good spot? Never been. As mentioned I don't know the area at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

I would suspect most pubs will have one screen at least on the club finals and possibly more once the Ireland match is over. However I would expect all pubs to be very busy given Patricks day and the rugby match so finding one that isint mobbed may be a challenge.

The Cuala bar may be quiet as most of them will be in Croke Park!!

KonFusion wrote: »
    Is that a good spot? Never been. As mentioned I don't know the area at all.

It is where i usually watch rugby and I know the owner is a big GAA fan, so I am presuming he will have the hurling on as well.

It has a number of TVs and sometimes shows different things on different screens, so if there is a clash, it shouldn't be a problem.

The grub is pretty good as well, so there is no need to leave :cool:

http://www.theclubdalkey.com/

every pub in Dalkey will be showing the rugby and judging by the number that also have red and white flags in the windows, i would guess the hurling as well. a little tip about the pubs in Dalkey, is that there are no bad ones. they all differ and there are six to choose from, so just find one that you like. For me though, I prefer the Club.

last year Dalkey was rocking after the win, hopefully it will be the same again this year

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The Club is where I would recommend too. The Cuala team all go there for a few pints after their matches too. Also expect a lock in if they win!

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote: »
    The Club is where I would recommend too. The Cuala team all go there for a few pints after their matches too. Also expect a lock in if they win!

Failing that, I'm sure the party at Cuala will be going on well in to the night :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Aegir wrote: »
    Failing that, I'm sure the party at Cuala will be going on well in to the night :)

If they win again there wont be an Almond Milked for a Month...

Advertisement