Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panda green bin charge ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,015 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Must dig out the contract, I have a full calendar year paid up and I doubt they can change the T&Cs like that mid-way through.

edit: I'm on what they are calling the 'new' eco-band system and have been for 6+ years; so nothing should change...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

L1011 wrote: »
    Must dig out the contract, I have a full calendar year paid up and I doubt they can change the T&Cs like that mid-way through.

Woukd be interested to hear your findings. I searched through my email correspondence with them and couldn't find any contract. I bet they are within their rights though.

Let me know how you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Acey10

Hi, I'm in swords and haven't been charged yet by panda, just wondering if anyone else has been yet??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Has your green bin been lifted since 2/May?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Mine was lifted last Monday and my account balance is still €0

• Advertisement

Has your green bin been lifted since 2/May?
    Yes it was lifted last week and as above poster balance is 0 and got no notification of a bill...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

van_beano wrote: »
    Thornton’s going to start charging €1 per recycle bin lift from May 1st

http://thorntons-recycling.ie/green-recycling-bin-charges/?pageNum=0

I worked for Thorntons about 10 years ago, and they saw this coming.
    I used to run the cardboard bailer, and the cardboard used to be sent to China for recycling. Even then, they knew the Chinese were going to stop taking it.

My first bill is showing now.

And they’re back showing the weights lifted for all bins again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Took them long enough. No brown bin lifts listed, even though they can give you the weight of the brown bin over the phone. They obviously have the brown bin lift information available. It says my account is in arrears due to the green bin lift. I presume they'll take it by DD at some point?

Interestingly, one of my green bins was over 40kgs a few weeks ago. There is no chance my green bin was 40+ kgs. It averages 10-15kgs.

My first bill is showing now.

And they’re back showing the weights lifted for all bins again.
    Got email bill today from panda, my green bin was 1.34, not too bad but I'll see what the next lift will be!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭homer911

I get my bills from Panda in the post - I'm waiting for them to introduce an online rebate

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Last put our our green bin at the beginning of April. Stopped buying weighty newspapers; flattening tin cans; stacking fruit and veg trays; rejecting non-recyclables Possible next lift mid-to late June. Will weigh down contents there already with a bale of a few Irish Times's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭rameire

people querying the bin weights.
    if you download the Panda mobile app, it has all the details on the app.
    obviously you will require an app friendly mobile.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

rameire wrote: »
    people querying the bin weights.
    if you download the Panda mobile app, it has all the details on the app.
    obviously you will require an app friendly mobile.

The weights are crazy on it. I know we're not getting charged for brown lifts (yet!) but I put pretty much the same in mine every 2 weeks (2 x 10l green bag) and on the 14/5 it apparently weighed 7kg but on the 28/5 it was 20.23kg. There's no way in hell my brown bin weighed over 20kg. I'd doubt the 7kg figure also.

I've only had one green lift charged for to date and that was 1kg. The bin was close to full but I was just the usual empty cans of coke and milk cartons, cereal boxes, dog food tins etc.

So I think their scales is all over the place. The green bin went out again Monday so it'll be interesting to see what weight they say it was this time.

Advertisement