Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant UPDATES for apps...is it just a con..??

Options
  • 14-03-2018 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else ever wonder what in the name of Jehovah is going on with the phones these days and the constant need, EVERY DAY, for apps wanting updates..

I have mine on manual because before I had a deal for 3g I was wondering where the hell all my free data time was going...
    Did a little delving only to find out that my phone was constantly downloading data....

If I were a cynical person ( I am! ) then I would be thinking that its a deal the likes of google , Facebook, Ebay, adverts etc to name but a few have with the providers to EAT up peoples credit constantly.
    I had a friend who had the same problem, fairly tech savvy too...

Anyone have experience with this ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No it's normal. If you have lots of apps installed, you'll have a fairly regular update cycle.
    If you have lots of games, the updates can be fairly chunky too.

Make sure you've specified that you only want to download over WiFi in the settings.

Advertisement