Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is green dug up at King John's Castle?

• 14-03-2018 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I drove by King John's Castle today and I noticed that the lovely little green area with the troll's head was gone. It always made me smile when i passed it. Does anyone what is happening? It seems a big waste of a lot of people's time and effort.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

I drove by King John's Castle today and I noticed that the lovely little green area with the troll's head was gone. It always made me smile when i passed it. Does anyone what is happening? It seems a big waste of a lot of people's time and effort.

Fencing has been taken down roadside and pushed back towards the houses. They are putting a mini-park there. The trolls head etc were inside the original fence line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Is that site not included in the plan last week for social housing where 15 sites in the city were identified ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Social Housing? It's like as if they are deliberately trying to ruin our main tourist attraction in the city. Shower of idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

kilburn wrote: »
    Is that site not included in the plan last week for social housing where 15 sites in the city were identified ?

Think that was further up on Mary St, the flats across from the post office.

Planning Application from 2014:

“construction of a public park, with associated hard and soft landscaping works to include a sculpture, pedestrian pathways, boundary treatments, lighting, seating, signage and ancillary works. The site is bounded to the north west by Castle Street, to the North East by Barrack Street, to the South West by the Parade and to the south east by the rear boundaries of the row of houses on Convent Street“

http://eplan.limerick.ie/AppFileRefDetails/13778003/0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭topcat72

Someone spent about a year 'cultivating' those trolls, growing the grass as 'hair' etc , building it up , and then when its ready - it was bulldozed. Bizarre. All the perimeter fencing has been taken down, and re-erected further in. All very odd. Its a very bare and windswept space - Needs planting of some description - which could have been started a long time ago and would now be maturing.

topcat72 wrote: »
    Someone spent about a year 'cultivating' those trolls, growing the grass as 'hair' etc , building it up , and then when its ready - it was bulldozed. Bizarre. All the perimeter fencing has been taken down, and re-erected further in. All very odd. Its a very bare and windswept space - Needs planting of some description - which could have been started a long time ago and would now be maturing.

I think the Civic Trust did the trolls.

Advertisement