Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apartments in Drumgeely / Elsewhere in Shannon

• 14-03-2018 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

Hi, I'm lookking at apartments on Daft in the Shannon area as an alternative to Limerick City as the rents are going crazy here.

I spotted these in Drumgeely that look lovely from the inside but I'm wondering about the area:
    http://www.daft.ie/clare/apartments-for-rent/shannon/11-linden-house-drumgeely-shannon-clare-1794667/

The other ones that looked nice were Bru na Sionna.

I really don't know Shannon well at all so I'm just wondering if the area is nice, suitable for a single woman, etc? I don't mind if it's quiet because I work from home and would be heading into Limerick a couple of times a week.

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Kind of dreary in Drumgeely but safe enough but Shannon is kind of soulless.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Drumgeely is the oldest part of Shannon but quiet. You’d be 10 mins from the town centre.
    Bru Na Sionna is a newish development on the doorstep of the town centre so easy acces to Dunnes, Lidl and takeways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭black & white

Drumgeely is fine and you should have no trouble at all there, a few of the apartment blocks have been completely renovated but others are looking their age (1960's) The Rubberbandits used the area for some of their videos, "Willy O'Dea Song", the extended version of "Black Man" and "Spoiling Ivan". Bru na Sionna looks lovely but just to make you aware, you may have builders in at some stage ...

https://www.rte.ie/news/regional/2018/0222/942614-shannon-fire-safety/

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

That's really helpful, thanks so much.

The Drumgeely apartments look so nice inside so it's good to hear that the area is OK. It looks to be beside the airport which wouldn't bother me and also the industrial estate so I'm guessing professionals live around there.

I must take a drive around Shannon to get a feel for it because I've only ever been to the airport. I'd be in and out to Limerick a lot so I wouldn't mind it being a bit quiet.

It's good to have some alternatives to Limerick City in terms of decent apartments that aren't extortionately priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭hobie14

I lived in the Drumgeely flats for 4 years ..... I wouldn't have any reservations about the location .... it suited me for the Airport and Estate .... take a trip out to see the area .... hotels ....bars ...shopping .....road connections .....parking .... if it suits you go for it ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,481 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Far as I know with the nicer Drumgeely ones they’re redeveloping them in batches so there aren’t any available straight away and they have a waiting list. That was the case last year anyway.

I’d probably live in one of those over Bru na Sunna even though they’re much older.

Do your homework on the cost of commuting in and out to limerick though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement