Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employer Issues & USC

Options
  • 14-03-2018 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello,

I am working for a company for the last year and a half. My take home pay is the same amount every week. I do not get payslips.
    Myself and my wife recently started applying for a mortgage so i requested payslips. When i got these i noticed my rate of pay has actually decreased the last two years, as to accommodate the decreasing change in USC charges each year, my employer has actually decreased my rate of pay so my take home pay stays the same!
    I know its not a huge amount, but my question is if this is legal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

No it's not legal, unless you have agreed to it. Why aren't you getting payslips each pay period? What is your salary per your contract? You are entitled to be paid the money you have been underpaid by. How long have you worked there for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 clickycloo

No it's not legal, unless you have agreed to it. Why aren't you getting payslips each pay period? What is your salary per your contract? You are entitled to be paid the money you have been underpaid by. How long have you worked there for?

I have worked there since September 2016.
    I was never given a contract or never received payslips. My pay was a certain amount in to the bank, and a portion cash each week.
    I agreed to this at the time as I needed the job.

When we went to apply for the mortgage and I looked for payslips, it took ages to get these. I do not think he had me registered as an paye employee at all.

It is a constant battle to get wages from him, he runs a very badly organised company. You will always get paid eventually, but it could be a few weeks late!

Trying to get payslips from him was also an ordeal, it took weeks!

I have had to get a new job because of this as the bank would not look at us with such irregular pay and also because the cash portion would not be taken in to consideration.

Iv finished up two weeks ago, and am now still waiting for my P45, my last week's pay, and cash that's owed. I am having serious issues in getting this from him.

On top of this there's the issue with the USC charge too.

What route can I take with all this? I'm getting nowhere trying to deal with him!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Get in touch with the WRC. Even if you don’t have a written contract, you have an implied one. He’s been withholding pay from you without your agreement, which is against the law.

Advertisement