Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair shop for cracked iPhone screen

• 14-03-2018 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi all,

I dropped my iPhone and now the screen is severely cracked. I'm looking for recommendations for a shop that will fix this and at a reasonable price.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Hi all,

I dropped my iPhone and now the screen is severely cracked. I'm looking for recommendations for a shop that will fix this and at a reasonable price.

Thanks in advance

Chap beside chicken hut,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Limerick Tech Centre beside Rio's opposite Train Station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Dark Knight 81

Thanks for the replies. Will check these out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Thanks for the replies. Will check these out.

Screen costs about 20-25 quid online. So expect to pay 40-50 for the screen and the fitting. I've done a handful myself at home. Do-able yourself but very fiddly as you have to move the camera, home button and back plate from your screen to the new one. And you need a mini tool kit.

Make sure they take the plastic backing off the new screen before they swap over the metal plate. I've seen a few shops forget to - and you'll end up stabbing the screen to get buttons to work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Dark Knight 81

Hooked wrote: »
    Screen costs about 20-25 quid online. So expect to pay 40-50 for the screen and the fitting. I've done a handful myself at home. Do-able yourself but very fiddly as you have to move the camera, home button and back plate from your screen to the new one. And you need a mini tool kit.

Make sure they take the plastic backing off the new screen before they swap over the metal plate. I've seen a few shops forget to - and you'll end up stabbing the screen to get buttons to work!

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

Quick hijack here, does anyone know what the deal is with non mainstream phones and repairing them? I have an ASUS I purchased when living abroad and I cracked the screen recently. Would I be better off buying the screen in advance online if I'm going to give it to a repair shop? Probably cheaper and I doubt they'd have the screen in stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

MilfordBud wrote: »
    Quick hijack here, does anyone know what the deal is with non mainstream phones and repairing them? I have an ASUS I purchased when living abroad and I cracked the screen recently. Would I be better off buying the screen in advance online if I'm going to give it to a repair shop? Probably cheaper and I doubt they'd have the screen in stock.

Guy in Limerick Tech Centre will have it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

I've used Techstar a few times and found them very good.

Advertisement