Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landline stopped working since install

Options
  • 14-03-2018 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭

I got Eir installed on Monday & landline isnt working since

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Is it a new fibre line or existing copper line?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

I’ve no idea. Houses are here about 12 years. How do I find it out? Someone mentioned to me that a standard phone doesn’t work as the landline is connected to the modem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Antibac wrote: »
    I’ve no idea. Houses are here about 12 years. How do I find it out? Someone mentioned to me that a standard phone doesn’t work as the landline is connected to the modem
    Hi Antibac,

I'm sorry to hear this. For the quickest resolution I would recommend contacting a member of our webchat Technical support team by clicking on the below link and they will assist you further.

https://www.eir.ie/chatnow/techsupport/

Thanks,

Sarah

Hi Sarah

I’ve tried this option multiple times & they end the chat

I am also unable to log into my eir. It just keeps saying oops sorry something went wrong

• Advertisement

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Hi Antibac,

I'm sorry to hear this. For the quickest resolution I would recommend contacting a member of our webchat Technical support team by clicking on the below link and they will assist you further.

Thanks,

Sarah

Tried them again Sarah. Same thing they just logged out when resetting modem wouldnt work

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

If the installer connected your phone line to the modem, then most likely, you have the fibre, VOBB (voice over Broadband) connection instead of copper.  That didn't work well for me either when it was installed in error.  If your phone is connected to the little white box on the wall, it's likely the copper connection (note for future: would still work even when there's a power outage, unlike VOBB).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Antibac wrote: »
    eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Hi Antibac,

Thanks,

Sarah

Tried them again Sarah. Same thing they just logged out when resetting modem wouldnt work
    Hi Antibac,

If you could PM me with the account details I will look into this for you.

Thanks,

Sarah

Advertisement