Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who has benefited from WWE revisionist history the most ?

Options
  • 14-03-2018 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭

This thread is inspired by the news that moolah is getting a battle royal named after her. This is despite her at best being a shady character who ripped off the girls she was meant to be training and in affect hurt North American wrestling for years and at worst was involved in pimping out the girls she had under her control to promoters across the country.

Also the ultimate warrior with this warrior award(which is not being used in the way he wanted it to be) despite him not drawing as a champion and was a crap wrestler and having some questionable opinions of certain issues. The DVD the WWE released wasn't a mistake and was the true reflection of how disliked he was. If he hadn't died we probably wouldn't have gotten that award and he wouldn't be involved in WWE now.

So anyone else I'm missing ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Itssoeasy wrote:
    If he hadn't died we probably wouldn't have gotten that award and he wouldn't be involved in WWE now.

He got inducted in the Hall of Fame & appeared on Raw the next night shortly before his death. So they were very much aware of his comments about Bobby Heenan, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

ERG89 wrote: »
    Itssoeasy wrote:
    If he hadn't died we probably wouldn't have gotten that award and he wouldn't be involved in WWE now.

He got inducted in the Hall of Fame & appeared on Raw the next night shortly before his death. So they were very much aware of his comments about Bobby Heenan, etc
    I meant the warrior award wouldn't have happened in its current form at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Mae Young was another with a shady past.

Mae Young was another with a shady past.

Yes shady enough alright but from accusations it doesn't seem anywhere as bad as moolah.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Snuka getting away with murder maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

few guys on the roster now have had there episodes outside of the ring with fans but nothing compared to some of the guys in the 70's/80's and 90's. I've heard cocaine and other drugs was widespread in the wrestling world for years and prob still is to an extent. Egos egos egos

you'd be surprised with John Cena sometimes when hes at the hotels, he doesn't stop and give autographs or anything most of the time and speeds to the bus. Seth Rollins and Orton can be pretty contrary sometimes I've heard and going near them when there working out is a no no . It's really hard for fans like us all of us to understand the frustrations of being on the road constantly and all u want to do is have time to yourself/ur family etc

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Moolah name is now dropped from the Battle Royal name.

Moolah name is now dropped from the Battle Royal name.

Yeah snickers got wind of the issues around moolah and seemed to have "engaged" with WWE which I assume means they said remove it or we remove our sponsorship. And WWE not wanting to lose money said okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Warrior is a tough one. No doubt that the self destruction DVD was harsh but he just seemed to be a horrid person that I'd be amazed if he hadn't fcuked by now if he was still alive by sharing some I'll advised and horrific thoughts.

His death will do more to protect his legacy more than he could have ever done alive.

Advertisement