Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplier wants to change signed contract

Options
  • 14-03-2018 8:12pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Got a supplier to come out and quote for a new door.

Spent some time agreeing specification. Finally agreed on specification. They gave us a quote. We accepted and signed a contract on that basis. This took about 2 weeks to do.

Supplier came back today to say that he cant get a glass for the door at the price he thought. He wants an extra €250 but I refused and then offered €150. Again I said no as we have a signed contract.

Where do I stand on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

It would depend on yourself. If he's a small business and was transparent with you on the extra cost then I would give him the extra. He made a mistake.

But if a huge multinational...I would push for performance. Let them absorb the mistake.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

They are irish but nationwide. They have a significant media campaign on at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,458 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

what would you like to do? To go the legal route would cost more than the extra amount they are asking for.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

We would like the door as agreed.

If not walk away and a full refund.

ah, didnt realise you had already paid. Have you asked them for a refund?

• Advertisement

Not yet as we rather get the door.

I think that might be the route you have to go down. If he cant make the money he needs on the job it might make more sense for him to do that. Unless of course he is just chancing his arm.

I think that might be the route you have to go down. If he cant make the money he needs on the job it might make more sense for him to do that. Unless of course he is just chancing his arm.

He has a choice. Some or no money

godtabh wrote: »
    He has a choice. Some or no money

well not quite. If he has a choice of doing your job or doing another job where he makes more money he would be crazy to do yours.

Advertisement