Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estate agent - ending a lease early

Options
  • 14-03-2018 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

My Brazilian friend was renting a house in Dublin with a few other girls from Brazil as a house share. She fell out with one of the girls.. so the girl called the real estate agent saying she was subletting the house and making money from it, which is a lie. now the real estate wants the house back and said that it will not return the deposit to her. She is desperate and I want to help. Does anyone have any advise for her?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ross2010

Who is on the lease? Just your friend or others in house?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I'm not sure who did what in your story but surely the best option is to speak to the EA first and if an agreement cannot be reached you will have to rely on the protections within the lease or law. Is it a fixed term lease? How long have they lived there? Has the EA issued a notice of termination?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 bonjovi

Hi - thanks for your reply. Yes all 4 girls signed the lease

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

bonjovi wrote: »
    now the real estate wants the house back and said that it will not return the deposit to her
    Check if the EA has given her a letter citing the termination of the lease. If not, have your friend ask for said letter.

Advertisement