Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Considering Signing up

Options
  • 14-03-2018 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭

I'm considering taking up the broadband and landline package that you have on offer, since I'm currently with virgin and the price point for 12 months is considerably cheaper with eir.

I do have some questions though:
    I have no landline connection. I live in a city and the phone cable for my house dangles outside my door. Is there a charge for connection?

What are the general lead times for an engineer visit?

I've heard nothing but complaints about the service from eir in the media these days, and how the outsourced customer service is terrible. Is this common place, as it does appear that way........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭rat_race

I'm considering taking up the broadband and landline package that you have on offer, since I'm currently with virgin and the price point for 12 months is considerably cheaper with eir.

I do have some questions though:
    I have no landline connection. I live in a city and the phone cable for my house dangles outside my door. Is there a charge for connection?

What are the general lead times for an engineer visit?

I've heard nothing but complaints about the service from eir in the media these days, and how the outsourced customer service is terrible. Is this common place, as it does appear that way........
    Please consider Sky, Vodafone, anyone else. Your life will be absolute torture with Eir, if you encounter even the most basic of problems. Stay. The. Hell. Away.

And FYI: no, there's usually no charge for connection. A week or two for engineer visits (through any of the providers).

Advertisement