Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ACCA Queries

• 15-03-2018 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey all. I'm currently considering going down the ACCA route and have a few initial questions (apologies if they've been answered before but searching for "ACCA" only brings up so much).

- Firstly, it appears that I cannot avail of any exemptions as I graduated in 06 and from what I can tell there's a ten year time limit that I've missed out on? The link below states the following: "If you have a degree that we recognise, then you may be able to by-pass the Fundamentals level altogether and start at the Professional level." Are they referring to something separate to the exemptions?

accaglobal.com/ie/en/qualifications/glance/acca/how.html

- I'm working 9-5 so this will obviously be a part-time course for me. If I cannot avail of any of the exemptions then I'm looking at 14 exams in total (over a period of 3-4 years), roughly right?

- Looking at the timetable on the ACCA site - ACCA QUALIFICATION EXAM TIMETABLE - 4-8 JUNE 2018 - I see dates for F4 - F9, but nothing for the first three Fundamental modules. Reason for this? Also, if I was to start in the next couple of weeks, is it realistic to sit any of these exams?

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭CassieManson

F1 to F3 are computer based on demand exams and are separate from the March June Sept Dec sittings. They're run bu the various education providers. You should shop around as other professional bodies may offer better exemptions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Its recently changed to 13 exams with P1 and P3 being merged together.

I did not get any exemptions either and had to start from F1.

F1-F4 in Ireland are now on demand computer based exams. So you can sit them as quickly as you feel you can get through the material.

F5-F9 are also computer based but there are 4 set sittings a year in March, June, Sept and Dec. I found the difficulty increasing significantly at this level and then there is another jump at the professional level which are currently still written based exams.

Advertisement