Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled account but DD still deducted

Options
  • 15-03-2018 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I cancelled my account last month but the DD has come out of my account this morning. Can someone help me to get a refund please and get the DD cancelled?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

You have the option to get your bank to do this for you.

"SEPA direct debit refund" is the term used to describe what you're asking for.

You can of course wait for eir to do it but it might take longer and be more hassle than contacting your own bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi,
    I cancelled my account last month but the DD has come out of my account this morning.  Can someone help me to get a refund please and get the DD cancelled?
    Hi Lucious,

When cancelling an account you are required to give 30 days notice therefore this could have been a final bill. Can you advise if you're still able to log into your Myeir account and view this?

https://my.eir.ie/login

Thanks,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Hi,
    I cancelled my account last month but the DD has come out of my account this morning.  Can someone help me to get a refund please and get the DD cancelled?
    Hi Lucious,

When cancelling an account you are required to give 30 days notice therefore this could have been a final bill. Can you advise if you're still able to log into your Myeir account and view this?

https://my.eir.ie/login

Thanks,

Sarah
    Hi Sarah,
    I cannot log in to my account anymore.
    I received a letter on 02/02/2018 about a contract change.  I contacted eir on 1800303466 on 12/02/2018 to cancel my account which they subsequently did.  My service terminated between 02-05/03/2018.  I payed what I thought was my last bill by DD on 15/02/2018.  Your representative said I would receive a final bill with any outstanding amount but I never did.  Just the full amount  for Marchcame out of my account this morning which shouldn't have.

Thanks so much,

If you're unable to login then it would seem that the cancellation has gone through.

Can you PM me with the account details and I will review the charges for you.

Thanks,

Sarah

Thanks so much,

If you're unable to login then it would seem that the cancellation has gone through.

Can you PM me with the account details and I will review the charges for you.

Thanks,

Sarah
    PM sent

• Advertisement

Thanks a million,

I will get back to you shortly.

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

Hi Lucious,

I would suggest that you still contact your bank to stop the SEPA direct debit to insure against future withdrawals.  It could take months for eir to stop billing you for terminated service. Just sayin.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭rat_race

Hi Lucious,

I would suggest that you still contact your bank to stop the SEPA direct debit to insure against future withdrawals.  It could take months for eir to stop billing you for terminated service. Just sayin.
    Yes. This is Eir. Cancel the DD yourself.

Thanks a million,

I will get back to you shortly.

Sarah
    Hi Sarah,
    Any update?

Hi Lucious Sweet,

I have responded to your PM. If you need any further assistance please let me know.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Advertisement
Advertisement