Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A mod banned me

Options
  • 15-03-2018 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hello.

I keep this short.

My thread ban was revoked, at least be straight and say the higher ups here don't want my opinion on Irish gangland instead of banning me for a thread ban which was revoked.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you discussed this with the mod who banned you? That's the first step in the dispute process. If you are unable to reach a satisfactory resolution with the mod then post again her and a CMod will look at your appeal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭North inner city hoodlum

Beasty wrote: »
    Have you discussed this with the mod who banned you? That's the first step in the dispute process. If you are unable to reach a satisfactory resolution with the mod then post again her and a CMod will look at your appeal

I have beasty, no reply as of yet can some one else look into it because I don't think we'll get anywhere.

A month of afters hours ban is totally unfair as my thread ban was revoked.

That mod was looking threw this account last night so it looks to me there's a ulterior motive behind my months ban, at least they should be straight with me and I make sure to stay within boards ts and cs.

The mod and I have not been able to come to an agreement.

I'd like to continue this DRP please.

As my ban is for speculation, I've ask to what I've speculated on so I can stay posting and stay on the right side of mods and admins, but the mod doesn't want to dance (their words)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, I'll ask one of the CMods to look

Just to clarify though, you are contesting the ban received under this account, which was for ignoring a mod instruction not to post in a particular thread under a prior ID (which I will not name here). Your thread ban was, as I understand it, for speculation. That though is not the issue to be addressed here.

As I understand it you are arguing your prior thread ban (under an earlier account) had been revoked by a mod

Is that a fair summary of the position? If so, the reasoning behind the thread ban is of no relevance to this dispute

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I can look at this. Please forward or post here the pm exchange you had with the mod.

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    OK, I'll ask one of the CMods to look

Just to clarify though, you are contesting the ban received under this account, which was for ignoring a mod instruction not to post in a particular thread under a prior ID (which I will not name here). Your thread ban was, as I understand it, for speculation. That though is not the issue to be addressed here.

As I understand it you are arguing your prior thread ban (under an earlier account) had been revoked by a mod

Is that a fair summary of the position? If so, the reasoning behind the thread ban is of no relevance to this dispute

I'll name my prior account which was the sheriff is HERE.

Yes I'm arguing that thread ban, which I was suppose to confirm with the mod at the time, but I didn't which was confirmed to me this morning by the mod who banned me today, if I'm not told what ive speculated on how can I then not speculate? Who tells boards what is speculation and what isn't? Irish hacks?the paid staff of boards?

I disagree there if I'm banned because of a previous accounts actions or speculation as I'm told,its very relevant to this DRP.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

A month of afters hours ban is totally unfair as my thread ban was revoked.
    My thread ban was revoked,

Can you send me the communication where your thread ban was revoked? I haven't been able to determine that to date.

Am also in discussion with the banning mod.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Can you send me the communication where your thread ban was revoked? I haven't been able to determine that to date.

Am also in discussion with the banning mod.

I was under the impression I was aloud post again.
    I didnt have permission to post again.
    MY BAD.
    It was confirm to me by the mod who banned me yesterday I was still thread banned from posting in that specific thread.

So I'm still contesting the months ban from the most lively part of boards, so yes I posted in a thread I shouldn't have.

Also I can't access any messages from the account I closed which the thread ban ordinated from.

Sorry for jumping back in again here Pawwed Rig, but OP can I suggest you go back to the mod who banned you - apologise for not appreciating the thread ban was in place and confirming you will follow the "no speculation" request from the other mod. Hopefully they will then be able to revisit your forum ban

Any update here?

I pm'd the former AH mod who originally thread banned me for clarification purposes, not a thing in reply, so I take from that he has washed his hands of my original thread ban.

• Advertisement

I assumed it was resolved when I didn't hear back from either of you.
    Let me pm the mod and I'll get back to you

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I assumed it was resolved when I didn't hear back from either of you.
    Let me pm the mod and I'll get back to you

I was hoping it could have been, since my AHs ban I've signed in everyday almost to see PMs. I realise ye are busy in real life too, I contacted the original thread ban mod(they're aren't a AH mod anymore) for clarification.

I'm missing out on some serious rage posting in AHs :)

Is time served not enough of a punishment for not obeying a thread ban which I admitted was my bad?

Apologies for the delay with this but have been caught up with real life recently.

Ban lifted.
    Please check with mods in future where there is any uncertainty as to whether you can post or not. Feel free to copy myself or other CMod where issues arise.

Admin - please mark as resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement