Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage refusal question

Options
  • 15-03-2018 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi there
    We are hoping to apply for a mortgage but as I just recently started a new job I think this may go against us
    If we get turned down by our bank and reapply in 6 months will the previous refusal be a factor?
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭purpleisafruit

If you are eligible for the mortgage the bank won't outright refuse you, they will just say that you cannot draw down until you have passed your probationary period in the new job. I was in a similar situation recently and got Approval in Principle prior to completion of probation.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Unreg0909

Thanks a mil for this. Does anyone know if you get turned down by your own bank(for reasons other than probation etc), can you reapply to them again after 6 months or so? Will it stay on your record if you apply to a different bank? Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭TheIronyMaiden

Unreg0909 wrote: »
    Thanks a mil for this. Does anyone know if you get turned down by your own bank(for reasons other than probation etc), can you reapply to them again after 6 months or so? Will it stay on your record if you apply to a different bank? Thanks again

I asked my broker this and he said past refusals do not have any bearing on future applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Unreg0909

Thanks again

Advertisement