Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Micksgarage

Options
  • 15-03-2018 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭

I placed an order with them Monday morning for items saying they would dispatch the next day and chose the priority shipping. I have an overdue oil filter and oil change I wanted to do this weekend.

Order hasn't shipped yet. Phoned through to their number twice and even though it's opening hours I am getting through to a voice saying "opening hours between" and then it just hangs up on me.

I need to check if it's going to dispatch because I may not be at the address as I expected delivery on Wednesday. Their website gives no way to change address or even cancel order.

Is this normal type of service? I used them in the past and orders were sent fairly quick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,710 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

It's quite unusual for them alright. Try web chat thing - it's very quick during opening hours, and even when they're closed, they reply (by email) with just some delay - I even got answers on Saturdays and Sundays! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Tried to return wipers one time....I'd actually wrote and asked before ordering as I didn't think they would fit but they said they would and sure enough they didn't.

Wrote to them a few times on how to return as they didn't supply the returns label they were meant to, different person responding each time and not bothering their hole to read back over previous mails, gave up in the end, still have wipers.

Would never use again.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭case_sensitive

This used to be unusal for Micksgarage.

I ordered a whole set of parts from them two weeks ago and not only did they lose the shipping address, but it was 4 days before they even attempted to process my order. They took payment within hours mind. This was for a window regulator, so my car could have been broken into at any time (I live in Drimnagh so this isn't out of the question). I phoned up local place and while it was more expensive, they had it 2 hours later.
    Same with out-of-stock mirror glass, called at 5pm, they had it at 11 the next morning.

Same crap this week, on Sunday night I ordered oil and oil filter, all in stock, ready to go 'next day' hoping to change it this evening before wife treks cross country on Friday. Get an email today saying they've shipped it, but AnPost tracking still doesn't show it as a valid shipment, much less suggest when I would have to be at home to wait for it.
    2.5 days processing? To do what?

Of the last 4 orders with them, 3 didn't ship within 3 days, one was nearly 6, and it's not An Post, this was time to go out the door, not get to mine.

The collection facility appears to be gone too, which was really handy for me because I live pretty close to it.
    Maybe they're doing a just-in-time thing and ordering in just what they need as it's ordered?
    The 20-30% saving on the price of an oil filter from them versus my local motor factor where I can just spin down and collect it seems a terrible economy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Xcellor wrote: »
    I placed an order with them Monday morning for items saying they would dispatch the next day and chose the priority shipping. I have an overdue oil filter and oil change I wanted to do this weekend.

Order hasn't shipped yet. Phoned through to their number twice and even though it's opening hours I am getting through to a voice saying "opening hours between" and then it just hangs up on me.

I need to check if it's going to dispatch because I may not be at the address as I expected delivery on Wednesday. Their website gives no way to change address or even cancel order.

Is this normal type of service? I used them in the past and orders were sent fairly quick.

Get onto them on Twitter, thats how I usually contact them. I noticed lately their delivery has gone terrible. It was the main reason I used them but lately I started to use ECP more as they have a physical store I can collect in when in a hurry.

If you don't receive it by friday (3rd working day from date of dispatch) then ask for a refund for the shipping costs as you didn't receive the guaranteed shipping you paid for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Get onto them on Twitter, thats how I usually contact them. I noticed lately their delivery has gone terrible. It was the main reason I used them but lately I started to use ECP more as they have a physical store I can collect in when in a hurry.

This thread is a year old :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

tedpan wrote: »
    This thread is a year old :)

Post #4 is a current issue for a customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Post #4 is a current issue for a customer.

Yes, the reply isn't in regard to that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

tedpan wrote: »
    Yes, the reply isn't in regard to that

D'oh :o

• Registered Users Posts: 65,469 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I returned a faulty battery under warranty and they completely ignored all my emails (except auto replies), and on the phone calls and on my visit in person, they promised to sort me out.

Out of desparation after about two months, I started a procedure in the small claims court. I notified them of it and they still ignored me. When I sent them proof that my small claims court case was accepted, I got an email back from one of the directors within hours, with an apology and a full refund. Yeah, nice customer service attitude. Only cough up when the courts got you by the balls :rolleyes:

I will never order from this company again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I was caught by them too and only ever use mister auto now which are way cheaper too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

I placed an order there last week for some parts, nothing major just wipers, air filters and oil. All marked in stock and available for next day delivery so I paid for that. Still not dispatched today so I cancelled the order. To be fair to them, I just got a reply and refund, so that part was quick, but unspecified delays for in-stock items are a let down. I've ordered from Mister Auto now, so I'll see how that goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭case_sensitive

This used to be unusal for Micksgarage.

I ordered a whole set of parts from them two weeks ago and not only did they lose the shipping address, but it was 4 days before they even attempted to process my order. They took payment within hours mind. .....

They did eventually give me a full refund, and gave me a discount code to get a tenner off my next €50 order, but I doubt I'll ever order from them again. My local motor factors can get just about anything in a few hours, and the premium is worth it. Needed some 300A battery cable and some crimp-on connectors, and they just went out the back and got it.

Off-topic: I think there's a fair bit of relevance to updating old threads with either confirmation the issue is still live, or a resolution to it. Boards is the only online community I'm a member of where Mods jump in to prevent posting on 'zombie' threads. Never understood it, past posts are the knowledgebase of the community, how is it better to create a new thread where an existing thread would cover it? If it's in the rules, I'll just shut up :/

Advertisement