If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marantz 6006

Options
  • 15-03-2018 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hello,

I notice the 6006 is out of stock, do you know when these will be back in your webstore? AND more importantly at the discounted price?

What other makes/models can play CD/CDR and from USB port, wav 16 bit/24bit and Flac and flac HD 192Khz etc - Note must play CDR and files from the unit preferably not streamed. MUST HAVE headphone output port/jack.

Kind regards,
    Thom.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

parasomnia wrote: »
    Hello,

I notice the 6006 is out of stock, do you know when these will be back in your webstore? AND more importantly at the discounted price?

What other makes/models can play CD/CDR and from USB port, wav 16 bit/24bit and Flac and flac HD 192Khz etc - Note must play CDR and files from the unit preferably not streamed. MUST HAVE headphone output port/jack.

Kind regards,
    Thom.
    Hi Thom,

Unfortunately the CD6006 is discontinued and is no longer available. It has been replaced with the CD6006UK SE at £367. This will play CD and CDR as well as having a USB input. The other option would be the Yamaha CDS300 which has a front mounted USB input and will play CDRs. This retails at £219:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-11405-black-308097.aspx#tabSpecifications-tab

Let me know what you think

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭parasomnia

Hello,

Kind regards,
    Thom.
    Hi Thom,

Unfortunately the CD6006 is discontinued and is no longer available. It has been replaced with the CD6006UK SE at £367. This will play CD and CDR as well as having a USB input. The other option would be the Yamaha CDS300 which has a front mounted USB input and will play CDRs. This retails at £219:

Kind regards

David
    Thank you for your reply David.

I have no intention nor interest in the UK model because of the big difference in price. I can source 6006's elsewhere but the richersounds deal was great, only I didn't get a chance to act before they were all gone! The Yamaha model only handles MP3, I am looking for lossless WAV and Flac playback as well as CDR.

Kind regards,
    Thom.

ps: I should point out that the 6006 can't handle FLAC only WAV 16 bit! Why?
    This unit from Yamaha (Yamaha cd-n301) has CD/R + HD Flac streaming functions albeit NO headphone output! - Who designs these things!:)

Hello,

Kind regards,
    Thom.
    Hi Thom,

Kind regards

David

I have no intention nor interest in the UK model because of the big difference in price. I can source 6006's elsewhere but the richersounds deal was great, only I didn't get a chance to act before they were all gone! The Yamaha model only handles MP3, I am looking for lossless WAV and Flac playback as well as CDR.

Kind regards,
    Thom.

ps: I should point out that the 6006 can't handle FLAC only WAV 16 bit!  Why?
    This unit from Yamaha (Yamaha cd-n301) has CD/R + HD Flac streaming functions albeit NO headphone output! - Who designs these things!:)
    Hey Thom.

No problem at all.

I know, there is no real standard for these type of things and it is unfortunately down to the manufacture to choose which features they want to add or include.

It can sometimes make it difficult to find a unit that can handle everthing.

Hello,

Kind regards,
    Thom.
    Hi Thom,

Kind regards

David

Kind regards,
    Thom.

Hey Thom.

No problem at all.

I know, there is no real standard for these type of things and it is unfortunately down to the manufacture to choose which features they want to add or include.

Hi David,

This new model from Marantz is what I am talking about, see link. How about Richersounds do some magic with Marantz (Sound United LLC) and get us public a fantastic deal! I would expect more of these type of CD/Network streamer hybrids to take over the CD player market.

Kind regards,
    Thom

https://www.marantz.co.uk/uk/products/pages/productdetails.aspx?catid=hifi&subcatid=networkaudioplayer&productid=nd8006

Hello,

Kind regards,
    Thom.
    Hi Thom,

Kind regards

David

Kind regards,
    Thom.

Hey Thom.

No problem at all.

Hi David,

This new model from Marantz is what I am talking about, see link. How about Richersounds do some magic with Marantz (Sound United LLC) and get us public a fantastic deal! I would expect more of these type of CD/Network streamer hybrids to take over the CD player market.

Kind regards,
    Thom

https://www.marantz.co.uk/uk/products/pages/productdetails.aspx?catid=hifi&subcatid=networkaudioplayer&productid=nd8006
    Hi Thom.

I could most likely get one of those of Marantz as a special order because it is not a normal stock line.

I think they are priced around £1099.00 or thereabouts.

• Advertisement

Hello,

Kind regards,
    Thom.
    Hi Thom,

Kind regards

David

Kind regards,
    Thom.

Hey Thom.

No problem at all.

Hi David,

Kind regards,
    Thom

Hi Thom.

I could most likely get one of those of Marantz as a special order because it is not a normal stock line.

Hi David,

That player is A FIRST generation type, still missing a few playback formats one in 2018 would expect. USB or CDR Flac HD, DSD etc, Need to break out the PC or modern laptop for streaming for those, which suits some but I would like to see these on the player locally for that cash.

May I ask why the 6006 is discontinued from your stores..didn't it appear only in 2016?, wasn't it a great seller? You sell stuff that is a lot longer in the tooth, looking at the same parent company, Denon etc.

Kind regards,
    Thom.

Hello,

Kind regards,
    Thom.
    Hi Thom,

Kind regards

David

Kind regards,
    Thom.

Hey Thom.

No problem at all.

Hi David,

Kind regards,
    Thom

Hi Thom.

Hi David,

That player is A FIRST generation type, still missing a few playback formats one in 2018 would expect. USB or CDR Flac HD, DSD etc, Need to break out the PC or modern laptop for streaming for those, which suits some but I would like to see these on the player locally for that cash.

May I ask why the 6006 is discontinued from your stores..didn't it appear only in 2016?, wasn't it a great seller? You sell stuff that is a lot longer in the tooth, looking at the same parent company, Denon etc.

Kind regards,
    Thom.
    Hi Thom.

Perhaps if Marantz decided to bring out a new version of the ND8006 they might add more formats and features.

I'm not sure why Marantz finished with the PM6006 standard version as it was a very popular and well reviewed product.
    It was down to Marantz and not ourselves that it was discontinued unfortunately. 
    It's not just ourselves that no longer stock this, its not available anywhere as its no longer in production.

Hello,

Kind regards,
    Thom.
    Hi Thom,

Kind regards

David

Kind regards,
    Thom.

Hey Thom.

No problem at all.

Hi David,

Kind regards,
    Thom

Hi Thom.

Hi David,

Kind regards,
    Thom.
    Hi Thom.

Perhaps if Marantz decided to bring out a new version of the ND8006 they might add more formats and features.

I'm not sure why Marantz finished with the PM6006 standard version as it was a very popular and well reviewed product.
    It was down to Marantz and not ourselves that it was discontinued unfortunately. 
    It's not just ourselves that no longer stock this, its not available anywhere as its no longer in production.
    Thanks David for all your advice,

Have a great weekend,

Cheers,
    Thom.

Hello,

Kind regards,
    Thom.
    Hi Thom,

Kind regards

David

Kind regards,
    Thom.

Hey Thom.

No problem at all.

Hi David,

Kind regards,
    Thom

Hi Thom.

Hi David,

Kind regards,
    Thom.
    Hi Thom.

Thanks David for all your advice,

Have a great weekend,

Cheers,
    Thom.
    No problem at all Thom.

Have a great weekend too.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.