Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where would you go in the states in January for 10 nights

Options
  • 15-03-2018 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭

We're looking at heading over to the states at the start of January for around 10 nights.

We were thinking of heading to Key west but the accommodation is quite expensive.

Has anyone any opinions on where we could go that would have a good nightlife and not freeze our ass off?

Someone recommended Dallas/Austin to us but I've really no idea what they are like.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Austin has what is regarded as the 2nd best live music scene after Nashville. The nightlife there is great if you like live music. I enjoyed the nightlife in Austin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Ten nights is a lot to spend in one spot, when it's such a big and varied county and internal airfare is so cheap.

If heat is a factor, what about:

- Miami 5 nights, the Keys or one of the Florida gulf beaches for 5
    - New Orleans 5 nights, one of the Florida options above for 5.
    - Vegas 5 nights, Austin 5 nights
    - Vegas 5 nights, LA 5 nights.

Mix it up a bit, if ya get me !

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I agree with ProudDub, I would break it up,

Advertisement