Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blocking calls to an Eir landline number

Options
  • 15-03-2018 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Wondering what if anything can be done about a number of threatening / nuisance calls that I have received from a single company over the last few weeks.

Long story short, I rented out a house to a lady for 2 years. When she left, I took over the landline and am currently living in the house. However, there have been a number of calls from a debt collection agency for a bill that she left unpaid. They refuse to stop calling me, even though I've explained she's left and no longer at the address / phone number.

Now the messages being left are threatening and I want the calls stopped. I can block unwanted calls on a mobile but what about on a landline?  Can this be done?

Help!
    Aidan.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi Aidan,

Sorry to hear this. Unfortunately we would not have the ability to block nuisance calls from here. The possibility of this would depend on the type of handset that you are using

There are handsets available that you can purchase with this setting which would allow you to block specific numbers. If you contact our sales team on 1901 they can advise if we have a suitable handset in stock or alternatively you can opt to purchase one.

Thanks,

Sarah

Advertisement