Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest temperature sensor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

With any hope it's going to be summer soon so we won't have much use for them :)

I know, they are probably gonna sit in a box until winter :) I have to say, they are pretty slick. battery is replaceable (like one for you car key). They come with a screw aswell to mount on the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

I know, they are probably gonna sit in a box until winter :) I have to say, they are pretty slick. battery is replaceable (like one for you car key). They come with a screw aswell to mount on the wall.

Any update on the update?

My temp sensors are at the post office.. Collecting in the morning. My stat still hasnt updated to April release.
    Thanks,
    Mick

Any update on the update?

My temp sensors are at the post office.. Collecting in the morning. My stat still hasnt updated to April release.
    Thanks,
    Mick

Nothing I'm afraid. Reset them to make sure. No joy....

Nothing I'm afraid. Reset them to make sure. No joy....

Cool, picked them up from post office.. 33 euro customs ah well..

Cool, picked them up from post office.. 33 euro customs ah well..

I emailed nest asking when the April firmware will be rolled out. Didn't mention the nest sensors

• Advertisement

any word back yet?

Yes they emailed back but no positive outcome yet. They just provided a link to the firmware updates page. They seemed to be confused re USA versus Ireland or UK page

yes same here. its funny how they are located in Dublin (their tax base anyway) but dont really have a clue about us...

yes same here. its funny how they are located in Dublin (their tax base anyway) but dont really have a clue about us...
    Very true.. I bought some nest protect recently and the had Dublin address stickers on the back

Very true.. I bought some nest protect recently and the had Dublin address stickers on the back

Any sign of thermostat firmware?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭digiman

No sign of the latest firmware for me either, last update to mine was in January.

Nothing yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Any update on this? I'm in America and debating picking one up

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Any update on this? I'm in America and debating picking one up

No sign of firmware.. I'm pretty confident it will arrive before end of the year but no guarantee

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭goose06

Anyone get this working, I was using Sen.se Mother to manage the temperature in other rooms but they've been liquidised so it's no longer functioning so in the market to get something to replace it.

goose06 wrote: »
    Anyone get this working, I was using Sen.se Mother to manage the temperature in other rooms but they've been liquidised so it's no longer functioning so in the market to get something to replace it.

Still waiting for firmware update

you would wonder what the hold up is. Probably hoping people will buy the Hello and some Cams first. Id say sales of thermostats are not a priority until Autumn.

you would wonder what the hold up is. Probably hoping people will buy the Hello and some Cams first. Id say sales of thermostats are not a priority until Autumn.
    could be for some reason it won't come to the eu market... in which case I have 3 paperweights under my bed.. its annoying as if you look at the firmware history in the uk/Ireland site its the same as the US..   I did read that you can manually update nest with firmware if they provide it to you..  might be worth trying with support.. im certainly not to bothers about it for a least another month or so.. I keep checking my stats tech info in the app every so often and still says last update with march 18th the day I had it installed.. I hope they do release it as we have some rooms in the house colder than others that the sensor would help solve... im curious how they will work though.. can you give priority to a couple of rooms.. like can you say sensor 1 please be at 19, sensor 2 at 20 and sensor 3 at 21 or does it sync them all to one temp?

My instinct says it will come in. I couldn't see Europe been 2 updates behind the US. I think they let you set a schedule of which thermostat to use. and then you would adjust your regular schedule accordingly. You would only be able to have one active at a time as I understand.

Mine is still showing as last being updated in January and I've no way to force the update.
    could be for some reason it won't come to the eu market... in which case I have 3 paperweights under my bed.. its annoying as if you look at the firmware history in the uk/Ireland site its the same as the US..   I did read that you can manually update nest with firmware if they provide it to you..  might be worth trying with support.. im certainly not to bothers about it for a least another month or so.. I keep checking my stats tech info in the app every so often and still says last update with march 18th the day I had it installed.. I hope they do release it as we have some rooms in the house colder than others that the sensor would help solve... im curious how they will work though.. can you give priority to a couple of rooms.. like can you say sensor 1 please be at 19, sensor 2 at 20 and sensor 3 at 21 or does it sync them all to one temp?

• Advertisement

Spent the last hour on with support, got the file for the latest firmware tried to install it, no joy, then the agent tells me oh I guess Ireland must be in another region :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Spent the last hour on with support, got the file for the latest firmware tried to install it, no joy, then the agent tells me oh I guess Ireland must be in another region :-(

I got the firmware 5.8.8 from support and it installed successfully but after around 30 minutes it reverted back to 5.6.6. Contacted support again and it has not been released yet in Ireland even though its on the Irish support site from April.

Pretty poor form not having regular updates for the Irish market, you'd have to hope there hasn't been any major exploits since the last update
    john4321 wrote: »
    I got the firmware 5.8.8 from support and it installed successfully but after around 30 minutes it reverted back to 5.6.6. Contacted support again and it has not been released yet in Ireland even though its on the Irish support site from April.

Pretty poor form not having regular updates for the Irish market, you'd have to hope there hasn't been any major exploits since the last update
    Thanks for the update. Unusual that a firmware would rollback to previous version. Is there anyway to disable auto updates?

Thanks for the update. Unusual that a firmware would rollback to previous version. Is there anyway to disable auto updates?

No way to disable it when i talked to support. The 5.6.6 firmware is still being actively been pushed in Ireland. The girl in support checked a number of demo units and all were the same as well.

When u updated it did u get the sensor to work?

I dont have a sensor im using Tado TRV's. I have noticed my thermostat updated to 5.8.2-1 yesterday morning. https://nest.com/support/article/Nest-Learning-Thermostat-software-update-history

I dont have a sensor im using Tado TRV's. I have noticed my thermostat updated to 5.8.2-1 yesterday morning. https://nest.com/support/article/Nest-Learning-Thermostat-software-update-history

Happy days mine just updated yesterday as well. Back from France this evening so will have play with sensors tonight

Happy days mine just updated yesterday as well. Back from France this evening so will have play with sensors tonight
    I'm assuming the update will mean they will now work?

• Advertisement

I'm assuming the update will mean they will now work?

I would guess so as it was suppose to be included in the 5.8.8 code and this is an update to the 5.8.8 code.

Advertisement