Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest temperature sensor

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

ted1 wrote: »
    Has anyone got a 3rd party sensor to work with nest? We have one colder room downstairs where I'd like to call for heat to nest once the temp drops below a certain temp. I guess I coukd take the nest from the wall and plug it in in the room. I have a stand for it
    There’s a3rd party one in their site. Go to the works with Nest section and it’s one of the last ones
    The thermopeanut? Think company that made it gone out of business
    I think this might work...

https://flair.co/products/puck
    If course it's a US product so not even sure if does Celsius

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

Looks good. same price as my unusable sensors :) It says on the product page it does celsius.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭nigwerwig

Good question. I'd consider that two. I think I've read it's one nest per heat link so may be a non runner

I have spare one might give it ago

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭gibbo_ireland

I'm in the same boat as the rest of ya, 3 nice paper weights sitting in a box.

I wondered if you change region/location on your stat (and kept it to Celsius) if it would then give us the firmware to enable the sensors? Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭nigwerwig

I have spare nest I was thinking I could use it in a different room . Any one got the 2nd nest to work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭gibbo_ireland

Ok so my ‘inspired’ idea of changing the region to USA, has absolutely zero effect on the firmware on the thermostat or its ability to get the sensors working. Sigh.

Do we believe that it’s a hardware limitation of the UK/I thermostats?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Any luck getting this to update/work yet?

Any luck getting this to update/work yet?

No. Can't add them as a product in the nest app

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Quick question , I'm upgrading a new gas heating system in my house with 3 zones (water, zone 1 & 2). Will I need 2 separate nests to do this or can someone recommend something different ?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

s8n wrote: »
    Quick question , I'm upgrading a new gas heating system in my house with 3 zones (water, zone 1 & 2). Will I need 2 separate nests to do this or can someone recommend something different ?

Yes, you will need two Nest Thermostats to control this. You could also look into Tado which would support this setup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

Asked them about the sensors earlier...

“We have no plans to announce regarding a European release at this time. In Europe, we already offer a different solution. The Nest Thermostats sold in your region can be placed on a stand in a room of your choice. This gives the flexibility to control the temperature of the most important space in your home.”

OU812 wrote: »
    Asked them about the sensors earlier...

“We have no plans to announce regarding a European release at this time. In Europe, we already offer a different solution. The Nest Thermostats sold in your region can be placed on a stand in a room of your choice. This gives the flexibility to control the temperature of the most important space in your home.”
    Yeah it's not quite the same

Advertisement