Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bunk beds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭shakedown

Don’t buy from buyitdirect.ie unless they have it in stock. We were waiting over 2 months and ended up just cancelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

shakedown wrote: »
    Don’t buy from buyitdirect.ie unless they have it in stock. We were waiting over 2 months and ended up just cancelling.

Thanks a mil. Tbh I will only buy from somewhere that offer an assembly service. Do buy direct offer this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭coffeyt

Hi not sure if the link below will work, I haven't bought yet but been doing a lot of looking as I will need very low bunks next year (combination of low ceilings and 3&5 year olds)
    I came across the following in my research its only 4 ft high, the company only delivers within the UK but they do work with a courier who delivers to Ireland. If you look in their delivery info the details are there.
    Any reviews I've found on the company seem good and same with the bed.
    If you go to uktrustpilot and look up the company there are over 1700 reviews all very positive from what I could see.

https://www.sleeplandbeds.co.uk/white-shortie-bunk-beds

I had also looked at the first bed you linked in person (ez living had it on display) and it does seem very solid but seemed a bit high for what I wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

coffeyt wrote: »
    Hi not sure if the link below will work, I haven't bought yet but been doing a lot of looking as I will need very low bunks next year (combination of low ceilings and 3&5 year olds)
    I came across the following in my research its only 4 ft high, the company only delivers within the UK but they do work with a courier who delivers to Ireland. If you look in their delivery info the details are there.
    Any reviews I've found on the company seem good and same with the bed.
    If you go to uktrustpilot and look up the company there are over 1700 reviews all very positive from what I could see.

https://www.sleeplandbeds.co.uk/white-shortie-bunk-beds

I had also looked at the first bed you linked in person (ez living had it on display) and it does seem very solid but seemed a bit high for what I wanted.

That bed looks great. How much is delivery? Couldn’t figure it out....Vinnie’s service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭coffeyt

Millem wrote: »
    That bed looks great. How much is delivery? Couldn’t figure it out....Vinnie’s service?

Hi Millen, doesn't seem to be a price on their site I'm sure it's dependant on where in the country it's going to but from reading about it, he seems to do deliveries every week so can't imagine it would be astronomical.

I have looked far and wide for low bunk beds and while really popular in America and Australia they are really hard to get here (I assume it's to discourage their use for under 6's) and to be honest that was the only one I could find suitable (I especially like the wider steps) so I'll probably end up paying whatever it costs to get it over.

Having said that there was one other I found that are custom made by a company in the north but are a lot more expensive but they might be worth looking at if delivery on the other one is a no go.

https://andersonsthemesanddreams.co.uk/collections/bunk-beds/products/bunk-beds-with-drawer-stairs-comes-with-or-without-stair-gate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Have you looked in Ikea? I was there today, and they definitely have one that’s quite low to the ground, it’s that metal mesh kind of material though, rather than sold, iykwim!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

My kids would love bunkbeds too even though space wise we don't need them. I have read many scary stories about them I don't know what to do.

I noticed a few BB's for sale second hand that seem to be ones that were recalled, not sure if they were the amended/repaired versions or what. I am also not sure that new bunk beds have to meet certain requirements or not.

Advertisement