Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today's Transactions & Transaction In Progress (Banking365)

Options
  • 16-03-2018 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,529 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    When checking my balance on My365.

Let's say I have a balance of €1,000 

And under "Today's Transactions & Transactions In Progress" I have transactions for €200.

Does that mean my current actual balance is €1,000 or is my current balance €800?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

siblers wrote: »
    Hi,
    When checking my balance on My365.

Let's say I have a balance of €1,000 

And under "Today's Transactions & Transactions In Progress" I have transactions for €200.

Does that mean my  current actual balance is €1,000 or is my current balance €800?

Thanks

Hi siblers,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

All the transactions that show on your account history (including todays transactions and the transactions in progress) within your 365 online profile would be included in the balance that is shown in your profile.

Thanks again,
    Darren.  

• Registered Users Posts: 12,529 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Great, thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Don't rely on that, Siblers. It simply is not true. Our transaction in progress are the same as the ones we had yesterday, the day before that and the day before that - right up until last Thursday. On Friday we had ten euro in our account, today minus seventy. No joke!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Don't rely on that, Siblers. It simply is not true. Our transaction in progress are the same as the ones we had yesterday, the day before that and the day before that - right up until last Thursday. On Friday we had ten euro in our account, today minus seventy. No joke!
    Im in the exact same position.Transactions are all over the place.Theres multiple transactions for the same amount / same place on my account.Balance is completely incorrect.
    Dont listen to what the reps are saying. It seems like there is an issue this morning with either their online system or the system updating after the long weekend.

Its gone beyond a joke at this stage and Friday I will be saying goodbye to BOI after being with them for over 20 years and paying them 60 euros a quarter for the privilege of not being able to actually tell my balance in my account in real time.

Joke of a bank in this day and age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi ShaShaBear

With card transactions the amount will show on the debit side of your account. These transactions can show as ‘pending’ until the retailer fully processes the payment on their side. We understand pending transactions can cause some confusion. Regrettably we have no control regarding the final processing of payment by the retailer.

@Hellrazer

We’re sorry to hear of your decision to close your account with us.

When making purchases with your card, the transitions will usually display as ‘pending’  on your account. The time frame for the transactions to be fully processed can vary between retailers. Once they have been fully processed they will then settle in the  ‘completed transactions’ online. Sorry if it’s causing confusion with the balance on your account. The time frame for  processing on the retailers side is out of our control.

We do hope you reconsider your decision as we'd be sorry to lose you as a customer.

Tara

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Hi ShaShaBear

With card transactions the amount will show on the debit side of your account. These transactions can show as ‘pending’ until the retailer fully processes the payment on their side. We understand pending transactions can cause some confusion. Regrettably we have no control regarding the final processing of payment by the retailer.

@Hellrazer

We’re sorry to hear of your decision to close your account with us.

When making purchases with your card, the transitions will usually display as ‘pending’  on your account. The time frame for the transactions to be fully processed can vary between retailers. Once they have been fully processed they will then settle in the  ‘completed transactions’ online. Sorry if it’s causing confusion with the balance on your account. The time frame for  processing on the retailers side is out of our control.

We do hope you reconsider your decision as we'd be sorry to lose you as a customer.

Tara
    Tara,
    I have to say that is the same excuse I got from the online team.
    Did you even bother to read my post.
    Balance was x on a certain day.
    Today balance was z.
    Ive looked at all the pending transactions and taken one amount from the other and the balance is incorrect by a couple of hundred euros.
    There are multiple transactions for the same amount and same retailer on teh same date.All of these are showing as processed.
    There are transactions from last Friday which were showing as processed last Friday and today these are showing as pending.

There is ZERO trust on the actual balance on any of my bank of ireland accounts.

I pay you 60 euros per quarter to have to guess what my actual balance is.

Its a disgrace and honestly I am seriously considering taking this further.

How you lot can mess it up when a weekend comes around is a joke.Because its not just once or twice. Its every single long weekend that there are issues with BOI.

God knows what its going to be like when we have Good Friday and Easter Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Tara,
    I have to say that is the same excuse I got from the online team.
    Did you even bother to read my post.
    Balance was x on a certain day.
    Today balance was z.
    Ive looked at all the pending transactions and taken one amount from the other and the balance is incorrect by a couple of hundred euros.
    There are multiple transactions for the same amount and same retailer on teh same date.All of these are showing as processed.
    There are transactions from last Friday which were showing as processed last Friday and today these are showing as pending.

There is ZERO trust on the actual balance on any of my bank of ireland accounts.

I pay you 60 euros per quarter to have to guess what my actual balance is.

Its a disgrace and honestly I am seriously considering taking this further.

How you lot can mess it up when a weekend comes around is a joke.Because its not just once or twice. Its every single long weekend that there are issues with BOI.

God knows what its going to be like when we have Good Friday and Easter Monday.

My husband has handed in the transfer request for his wages and I moved all our direct debits over today. It's bad enough that we are down €70 today despite no spending since last Thursday and having the same payments processing as we did last week, I am most certainly not letting this happen again!!

Advertisement