Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone battery replacement - CompuB

Options
  • 16-03-2018 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

I have ordered a battery replacement for my iPhone 6 with CompuB in January and have heard nothing back even though i was advised it would take 2-3 weeks for the battery to arrive.
    Has anyone had any issues with CompuB on this matter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I have ordered a battery replacement for my iPhone 6 with CompuB in January and have heard nothing back even though i was advised it would take 2-3 weeks for the battery to arrive.
    Has anyone had any issues with CompuB on this matter?

Did a repair before Christmas and it took three days. However this was before the battery fiasco where the world and its mother is looking for a replacement battery. I’d say the delay is down to replacement battery shortages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Literally just back in the door from collecting from the Cork store. I ordered the battery around 3 weeks ago. I went in a few days ago, having heard nothing up to then. They coulnd't get hold of the tech staff and said they'd ring me back, which they didn't. I called a couple of days later (yesterday morning) and they said my battery was in that day. I dropped in the phone immediately, despite the fella telling me it'd be a minimum of 2-3 days. He suggested I didn't bring it in until next week, but I chanced my arm as I wasn't stuck for it, so I didn't mind it sitting there a few days. Anyway, I picked it up at 4 today, which is around a day and a half and when I was there the fella told me they'd temporarily shut down the battery replacement process until they clear the backlog. They turned away a few people while I was there.

I got the distinct impression they're being absolutely slammed, with no end in sight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

I haven’t heard back for 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

I haven’t heard back for 6 weeks.
    Based on the waiting times others are having, I'm starting to wonder if the only reason mine got done was because I followed up a few times and pushed to have it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

I finally got a reply to my emails to CompuB and was advised to drop in as my battery was in stock! It feels like a bit of pushing helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Good to see that compub have improved their customer service. /s

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭ozmo

Why do people insist on going to CompuB - I mean they are ok and all - but if they cannot do the job in timely fashion - there are plenty of other Apple Approved places.

I got my battery done after I just turned up at 3pm one saturday and it was done in about 40 minutes while I waited. Some place in Blanchardstown - Mactivate I think it was called - I got off the Apple.ie website.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

ozmo wrote: »
    Why do people insist on going to CompuB - I mean they are ok and all - but if they cannot do the job in timely fashion - there are plenty of other Apple Approved places.

I got my battery done after I just turned up at 3pm one saturday and it was done in about 40 minutes while I waited. Some place in Blanchardstown - Mactivate I think it was called - I got off the Apple.ie website.

A genuine Apple battery replacement?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

ozmo wrote: »

Because there is a shortage of Apple batteries?

quarryman wrote: »
    A genuine Apple battery replacement?

Yes - They just requested my Apple support reference and were able to get access to the calls and tests Apple ran- so yea- very tightly coupled with the Apple offices. They also were able to read parameters we cannot like recharge counts etc. from their diagnostic tools as a propper Apple support should.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement

whiterebel wrote: »
    Because there is a shortage of Apple batteries?

In CompuB - but as I said there are other official agents that people should be looking.

I chose the one that was physically closest to me that had stock- found it on the support page on the official Apple.ie support website and I was just able walk in with no appointment and get it fixed immediately.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

Unfortunately CompuB is all i have where i live so stuck with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Hi, sorry to bump an old thread but it save starting a new one - I f i bought an iPhone 7 that is approx 18 months old and has a battery health reading of 80% would I be entitled to the 29 euro new battery replacement from CompuB? No receipt etc with the phone. Thanks.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Yes you would be, but be quick if memory serves, the €29 deal is finishing sometime this year.

Thanks for the reply - will do! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Would they replace the battery with a cracked screen? Or should I fix that first?
    I am assuming fix it first.

Would they replace the battery with a cracked screen? Or should I fix that first?
    I am assuming fix it first.

Yeah- don’t think they will for fear of the glass falling to bits and they would be liable

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

Hi all
    What your opinion on getting a battery replacement done with compuB. I’m based in Galway and I have a 6splus. I was told to go to compuB by Apple but after some reviews I’ve heard they have butchered some phones which were working before the battery repair. They just offered the 29 quid back and nothing for a broken phone. My phone is 2.5 years old and it works bar the battery so what happens if i leave it to this crowd and the phone doesn’t work after?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

skinny90 wrote: »
    Hi all
    What your opinion on getting a battery replacement done with compuB. I’m based in Galway and I have a 6splus. I was told to go to compuB by Apple but after some reviews I’ve heard they have butchered some phones which were working before the battery repair. They just offered the 29 quid back and nothing for a broken phone. My phone is 2.5 years old and it works bar the battery so what happens if i leave it to this crowd and the phone doesn’t work after?
    when they broke my screen replacing the battery i didn't have to pay for the battery replacement, but then had to deal with the massive inconvenience of having no phone, personally any time that i have used them ive had an bad experience and would rather drive to Belfast then deal with them again.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I booked with CompuB , but they wanted my phone for THREE working days . Cancelled and went with Mactivate instead . Two hours late phone back , great job ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I was given a weekend appointment with CompuB by Apple for a 6 replacement battery, drove up to Dundrum to be told they cant do it on the weekends but can do it in an hour weekdays. I left it with them and came back on Monday.

31st December last day in CompuB for the 29 euro replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭mbradso2003

guys can CompuB do this the same day provided it is a weekend?

also my wife will be dropping my phone is is there anyone she needs to bring with her?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

also my wife will be dropping my phone is is there anyone she needs to bring with her?

When bringing any Apple device to an Apple Authorized Service Provider you need to call them beforehand. Your wife needs to bring photo ID and you need to make sure you have a back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

CompuB in Dundrum cannot do the same day if it's a weekend, but can if it's a week day assuming they have the battery in stock.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I actually sent an iphone 7 back to Apple this week, phone was picked up on Monday Evening and I got it back today, anyway, they replaced the battery which was why I was returning it, but they also replaced the full screen for some reason. I wonder did they damage the screen when they were doing the battery for me. I was only charged €40.

If you get the battery changed will you lose the water resistance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I actually sent an iphone 7 back to Apple this week, phone was picked up on Monday Evening and I got it back today, anyway, they replaced the battery which was why I was returning it, but they also replaced the full screen for some reason. I wonder did they damage the screen when they were doing the battery for me. I was only charged €40.

Should you not just have been charged €29 for battery replacement?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Should you not just have been charged €29 for battery replacement?

The extra was for them sending out the box and then returning the repair to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 jellybellyelly

Does anyone know if you go direct to the Apple Store in Belfast do they do it straight away (with an appointment)? Was hoping to combine the battery replacement with a work trip to the North before December 31st.

Advertisement