Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone battery replacement - CompuB

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

rizzee wrote: »
    If you get the battery changed will you lose the water resistance?

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

rizzee wrote: »
    Anyone?

They re-apply the seal during the repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

FourFourFM wrote: »

Thanks for confirming.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

FourFourFM wrote: »

They are supposed to, not always the case though.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BlondeBomb

I’m bringing mine in to a CompuB this week, have a booking.

Do I need to wipe my phone or anything? I have a few important confidential documents on phone. Is there any reason they would need my unlock code or do they just replace battery with phone powered off?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

BlondeBomb wrote: »
    I’m bringing mine in to a CompuB this week, have a booking.

Do I need to wipe my phone or anything? I have a few important confidential documents on phone. Is there any reason they would need my unlock code or do they just replace battery with phone powered off?

Thanks

Back it up anyway, only takes a few minutes. Better safe than sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mynextdevice

Was planning on bringing my 6s Plus to Compub to get battery replaced. My screen is cracked would they still replace the battery or would I be better of replacing the screen on the iPhone first.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I see this program. Is finishing in the US on the 31st December is that the same for Europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

“Through December 31, 2018, the out-of-warranty battery service fee is € 29 for all eligible iPhone 6 or later models. Battery service at € 29 may be limited to one repair per iPhone. After December 31, 2018, the fee will change to € 49 for all these products except iPhone X which will change to € 69.”

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I went into CompuB in Cork this morning. I had asked by email originally to see if there was a process to the repair, but received no reply. Arrived into Cork and they said it has to booked in on the Apple website. He did take it from me, and started the repair, as there had been no reply to my original email, and I had travelled a bit to get there. Apparently the booking system is due to the volumes of them coming in. Just a heads up for anyone looking to get it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭ablelocks

whiterebel wrote: »
    I went into CompuB in Cork this morning. I had asked by email originally to see if there was a process to the repair, but received no reply. Arrived into Cork and they said it has to booked in on the Apple website. He did take it from me, and started the repair, as there had been no reply to my original email, and I had travelled a bit to get there. Apparently the booking system is due to the volumes of them coming in. Just a heads up for anyone looking to get it done.

also, the booking system only goes out by 1 week, so you need to check it daily to get an appointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭mbradso2003

Also bit of advice I have had 2 recent bookings with CompuB (Dundrum) the first time no batteries were delivered by Apple that day, they sent email to customers with appointments advising them of this but 15 mins after I left store.

On second appointment I called and left voicemail to see if batteries was avialable. Around the same time I received an email advising batteries were low in stock and to contact them advising type. I arrived at the store again to be advised no suitable batteries.

That was 2 annual leave days wasted and they cannot tell me when suitable battery will arrive or reserve next available battery.

I could sent phone away for few days but like everyone I use phone every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Isco

If I book an appointment and the battery is in stock will the battery be replaced then and there? Or will I have to wait a few days?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I bit the bullet and sent a 7 back to Apple to have the replacement battery carried out, the price was something like €40 including the return shipping, anyway, phone was picked up on a Monday and was back with me on the Thursday Morning, with a new battery and also a brand new screen fitted, not sure why a new screen was fitted. Two months on and my credit card still hasn't been charged the €40. So I was delighted i decided to go the direct route.

Isco wrote: »
    If I book an appointment and the battery is in stock will the battery be replaced then and there? Or will I have to wait a few days?

Dundrum will do it on the day. Grafton street is few days but seem to have more stock. They wont move stock from Grafton Street to Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Dundrum will do it in an hour if you pick a week day appointment. Apple website offers weekend appointments but they can't do it on the spot then and you'll have to leave the phone and come back during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I have an early Friday afternoon appointment in compu b on grafton st. Should I expect to surrender my phone for the weekend?

Hi all,

I know year end deadline is passed. After 2 failed attempted in CompuB I dropped 6s into Apple Store in Belfast. The diagnosed battery problem and told me to come back in 2 hours and it would be replaced. Battery wouldnt take charge so they replaced phone (bough in July 16) for £25.

Advertisement