Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Podcasts

Options
  • 16-03-2018 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭

Any good ones that people might care to recommend?

I wouldn't mind finding some kind of decent "inside the business/technology of the game" type podcast rather than ones that discuss or focus on the players and on-course events.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,534 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

There's one from the Golf Science Lab that might fit what you're looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Quick search brought up this and this

• Registered Users Posts: 17,957 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Golf smarter is decent.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

No Laying Up is very good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

People rave about Mark Immelman's one but I find it very dull. Maybe I've been unlucky with the ones I have tried, but he is completely shameless in the commercial end of things. One podcast was a 45 minute long ad for Bridgestone, featuring a lengthy "interview" with their chief ball guy.

The guests are interesting genuine "inside the ropes" types, but the conversation is usually fairly bland.

No Laying Up is a bit of craic, but they're boys club #banter can grate after a while. The podcasts are probably double the length they should be. Brilliant when they get big names though - Spieth, McIlroy etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Beaulieu

I listen to a lot of them -the US ones get a bit bland after a while -Golf.com is pretty good though. Generally a one on one interview with a player.
    THE best one of all is Sky Sports Golf Podcast - great panellists (& vary from a list of 4 or 5) and really insightful stuff.Not afreaid to call it when they need to as well.
    Newstalk's Golf Weekly is OK but not consistent and needs guests on the show.

Advertisement