Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random land-line linked to my account

Options
  • 16-03-2018 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

Hi there,

For the 2nd month running a random land-line account is being added to my overall account. I am receiving 2 bill notifications.

When I contacted last month, I was told this was a potential fraud issue and have yet to receive any responses despite reassurance that I would.

Where can I escalate the issue to?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi tara83,

I'm sorry to hear this. If you could PM me with the full account details I will investigate this for you.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Thanks a million,

I will get back to you soon.

Sarah

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Thanks a million,

Sarah

Hi Sarah

Still waiting on an update?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

tara83 wrote: »
    eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Thanks a million,

Sarah

Hi Sarah

Still waiting on an update?

Thanks
    Hi tara83 ,

Sarah is not in today.

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

3 weeks....and no contact in a potential case of fraud.:):).
    What a joke of a company. You'd soon hear from them if you owed them money.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭MFlack2012

3 weeks....and no contact in a potential case of fraud.:):).
    What a joke of a company. You'd soon hear from them if you owed them money.
    I'm still waiting to hear since Nov 17 on a definite fraud! :)Good luck.

For communication companies Eir and Vidaphone are not covering themselves in glory on Boards,,in the simplest of communication skills.!!

Still not resolved!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

I am still getting bill notifications for an account I CLOSED a year ago. Good luck!

• Advertisement

tara83 wrote: »
    Still not resolved!!!

Absolutely shocking.

I'd be contacting comreg and seeking advice there. All these hams on "talk to" on boards seem to be as useless as an ashtray on a motorbike.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭MFlack2012

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]I had money deducted from my bank account last November 2017 for an Eir account. I do not have an eir account. My bank refunded me my money but after weeks of calls to Eir (Where I was told they couldn't talk to me if I didn't have an eir account number!), they finally admitted it was fraud. I reported the issue to Comreg, Gardai, my bank. Still an ongoing issue. Have written to Eir four times, emailed, called etc and no response. Gardai don't want to do anything as my 'money was refunded'. FSPO are investigating AIB's side of things but there doesn't seem to be any recourse for Eir. They seem to be allowed to do this and nothing happens. I hope you have more luck![/font]

Still ongoing. I would have thought with GDPR regulations in place there would be more concern about sending personal information to the wrong recipient but it seems not

Advertisement