Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless access point issues

• 16-03-2018 1:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭

I installed a wireless access point using a power injector, I first connected it directly to a switch and configured it, all was good. I then mounted it, connected all the cables back, AP lit up but I couldn't see it nor was there a link light on the switch. I tested the cable and everything seems fine using a cable tester.

Is it still possible that its a bad cable? Is there a distance issue maybe with power injectors? The cable length shouldn't be more than 10 meters.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Not sure if it would matter but were both patch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

xabi wrote: »
    I installed a wireless access point using a power injector, I first connected it directly to a switch and configured it, all was good. I then mounted it, connected all the cables back, AP lit up but I couldn't see it nor was there a link light on the switch. I tested the cable and everything seems fine using a cable tester.

Is it still possible that its a bad cable? Is there a distance issue maybe with power injectors? The cable length shouldn't be more than 10 meters.
    Bad cable. You receiving power on some wires but there is a dis on others. Cable test from the end that goes into the switch all the way to what goes in the AP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭xabi

Turns out the rj45 was cabled in the A pattern, and the patch panel in B, so effectively I had a crossover cable, all sorted now.

Advertisement